what's up with the statesmen

Im not looking for hype. I would just like to hear from a corps! Numbers, progress, camp updates. No HYPE, just facts.

Quite honestly, I enjoy there not being any hype here in DCP. I'm of the old school; come out at your first show and blow me out of the stands. Thank You!!!

Every year, here on DCP, we read about how Corps X from East Nowhere, Eastern USA, is going to knock everybody dead with their unbelievably fabulous program, entitled "Scenes from a Twisted Dead Beatle's Point of View.," which will feature their out of this world horn line, their outta sight battery, their world-smashing guard, and their academy award-winning visuals.

They come out; they suck! All the hype in the world don't cut it - and it's a waste of time. Show me how great you are on the field; don't tell me about it.

andy i whole heartly agree with you. i've been saying that for years. i just found it strange that we have heard nothing on DCP.

quite simply,..........I think that most corps realize DCP is not a fertile recruiting medium...............

agreed gary.

This just in! The Immaculate Conception Golden Cadets have merged with Our Lady of Perpetual Help Scarlet Consonants. The new corps called the Our Lady of Perpetual Conception Beige Lancers marched the Memorial Day Parades [6] with 87 brass and 28 percussion [or was it 28 brass and 87 percussion?--one or the other]. The corps voted not to enter DCA this year because of too many family commitments. They will celebrate the 9 month anniversary of the merger on Labor Day, at several local neo-natal centers in the area.

This just in! The Immaculate Conception Golden Cadets have merged with Our Lady of Perpetual Help Scarlet Consonants. The new corps called the Our Lady of Perpetual Conception Beige Lancers marched the Memorial Day Parades [6] with 87 brass and 28 percussion [or was it 28 brass and 87 percussion?--one or the other]. The corps voted not to enter DCA this year because of too many family commitments. They will celebrate the 9 month anniversary of the merger on Labor Day, at several local neo-natal centers in the area.

There's a rumor afoot that says that they also want to merge with Our Lady of Perpetual Guilt. OLPG recently held their 6th Camp Weekend (in the last seventeen years). There was a full horn line attending (although they still have 32 open spots). Their battery is complete (except for five snares, three tenors, four basses, and a cymbal). Their color guard is rarin' to go (both of them). Their drill is finished (assuming they march around the field in parade formation). All they have to do now is polish up that drill (as soon as the staff finishes painting L and R on the toes of their shoes).

They already signed on for the DCA Finals (as soon as they're held in Omaha).

Reading between the parenthesis really helps when looking at hype.

Fact:

The Ski Mask Cadets will not be fielding a corps in 2011.

Actually, they have not fielded a corps since their one and only performance in the early spring of 1981.

Since then, due to circumstances beyond their control... including multiple arrests for mail fraud and an incident in a Northeastern state involving a truckload of firearms, several cases of cheap whiskey and numerous circus animals... they've had a few problems sustaining their membership base.

And in retrospect, the corps' decision in the early 1990s to invest all of their remaining funds in a slide-rule and typewriter manufacturing venture was probably not a good idea. :ph34r:

Other than a few of the younger members "hyping" their excitement about upcoming seasons, the Statesmen have notoriously been quiet on this forum. Never have I seen any numbers or braggadocio from the corps. I believe, though I have no inside knowledge, that it is Empire's policy to keep a low profile on DCP. We'll just have to wait until the first contest! Then, someone in the stands will do a quick count as they enter the field and all the numbers will be reported!

• Like 1

i ain't spreading rumors i just haven't seen anything and am wondering about my hometown corps. so i guess now it's wrong to ask if anyone has heard anything? :confused:

Well that's cool and all, and I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but if you live in the Rochester area why don't you go and check them out one weekend? I'll bet that would answer ALL of your questions. They love a crowd.

Well that's cool and all, and I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but if you live in the Rochester area why don't you go and check them out one weekend? I'll bet that would answer ALL of your questions. They love a crowd.

I think he is now living elsewhere,............