Troop2011

Watched rehearsal last night. Guess what? They are really quite good. Much better music this year. Can't wait to see how things work out. Watch out top 12!

• Like 4

I'm enjoying the frequent blog reports from the corps and I wish I could see them long before the Texas swing in July.

GO TROOP!

(and pictures of uniform changes after this weekend, plz????)

Re uniforms: I think the Triopers uniforms were ugly last year. Before that was the solid blue jumpsuits. I thought they should use those tops and go back to drker gray trousers. Do a tone on tone satin stripe on the pants.

They seem to be trying to figure out how to modernize their look without losing their identity. So far I'd say they've mostly been unsuccessful. Maybe this year they'll get it right. ??

I'm also hoping they can regenerate some momentum this year. I felt like they lost some of that last year as their show was mostly uninspiring. I think they need to follow Madison's lead and embrace their identity and become Americas corps again even if that means they thumb their nose at the elites in the activity.

• Like 5

Re uniforms: I think the Triopers uniforms were ugly last year. Before that was the solid blue jumpsuits. I thought they should use those tops and go back to drker gray trousers. Do a tone on tone satin stripe on the pants.

They seem to be trying to figure out how to modernize their look without losing their identity. So far I'd say they've mostly been unsuccessful. Maybe this year they'll get it right. ??

I'm also hoping they can regenerate some momentum this year. I felt like they lost some of that last year as their show was mostly uninspiring. I think they need to follow Madison's lead and embrace their identity and become Americas corps again even if that means they thumb their nose at the elites in the activity.

Blue Stars went through the same process, and eventually realized there was nothing modern about the old uniform and chose to go a different route that established a new look, based on the same identity. A corps is not defined by it's uniform. The troopers current look is classic, which isn't necessarily a recipe for visual success in 2011.

• Like 4

I couldn't agree more. Last year's uniform didn't make any sense both from a basic design standpoint let alone historical. And I understand changes for this year are minimal. I too miss the old blue and grey.

You know the old Trooper Cadets Corps had a neat uniform.

• Like 1

Being a alum of Troop, I really wish that they had based their new uniforms on the classic, black drum major outfit. Then the drum major would be in all white to differentiate. There would have been a lot of gold piping and a gold stripe on the leg. I at least hope that they go back to the yellow scarves and the white gauntlets on the hornline. They just seemed to disappear on the field without color and looked smaller than they were. Good luck with '11 Troop! :thumbup:

More great news and events for Troop!

The Road Home: Trooper Blog

Just got back from trooper day in Casper. The new uniform mods make all the difference in the world! Triangular sash across the torso. Much better. Still not as cool as the original but better than it was. A couple of stand stills today. They sound so good for this early in the season. I didn't get a chance to see guard unis but I have my fingers crossed.

On a side note... I'm sad I will not get to see them compete this year. I can't believe they will not be in Denver this year. Since there is no Casper show any more the Denver show had become their home show for years. They shouldn't forget their home fans even though there are only a handful of kids from the state of Wyoming. ( kinda sad really )

Enough rant.

Go Troopers!