Troop2011

I have to say in all honesty the first couple of times I saw the Troopers show, I didn't really get it--until I saw it live in person last weekend. Totally different experience when you're there, sitting 10 rows from field level, hearing, seeing, experiencing. Very powerful, moving, and unique show. IMO, scores and captions and judging aside, you can't totally understand what this show is about until you're actually there in person. And those poor guys who have to put down and pick up the road every night, this Bud's for you!

Hey, I'm on vacation near Durango, CO at a remote cabin with no internet or cell coverage, but here I am down in Durango on my one "date night" with hubby and I'm checking on the Atlanta show and waiting for scores.

GO TROOP!!!! Loved the new ending tonight, and I hope there's more surprises to come! I'll be in Indy to see it all come to fruition!

I saw the corps last night, and thought that things were pretty good, overall. Apparently the percussion judges did not agree (17th in perc, across the board....).

As a complete show, there is a lot of opportunity there that I don't think other corps have. We'll have to see if we can maximize that potential.

There is much improvement each time I see the show. I'm sure the fire inside is burning brightly which is evident in thier performance on Saturday. Keep up the good work.

And then there was tonight's score. Not encouraging!

The score were all over the place tonight. Keeps it exciting.

I am concerned.

I'm curious regarding the Troopers and the road tarp.

are the shows where Troopers get passed by Glassmen and Academy shows that have Grass fields and thus prevent the corps from using the tarp? I would suspect since their show is designed around this tarp on the field is their score suffering from a visual and GE standpoint when they can't use it and thus end up geting beat by corps in their close competition range?

Also, I can't remember if Allentown has a turf field, I hope they do cause I would really like to see the show with Tarp and all.

Edited by bluecoats88