2011 Prediction Thread!

In all fairness, there were plenty of people involved in the design of the new sheets including key staff members from other organizations. To say it is "their" caption is not entirely accurate. :smile:

i will humbly digress..........

You must be pretty out of touch with the activity in general then. Not only is it possible to win DCA with that kind of show, but it is possible to win dci as well. I haven't seen ANY of the top 5 (other than my own show of course), so these are just general comments, but you sure do make some sweeping generalizations for having not seen most of MBI's show....

So you have seen DCI champs of recent vintage with THAT much time devoid of movement? Really? Folks, I'm not trying to come off as an MBI hater. They have an absolutely first rate horn line and battery. Excellent ensemble and some fine moments. Shoot, I have them picked for second which ain't too shabby. The program just has a lot of visual dead time and it's going to be their Achilles heel at championships...IMO.

So you have seen DCI champs of recent vintage with THAT much time devoid of movement? Really? Folks, I'm not trying to come off as an MBI hater. They have an absolutely first rate horn line and battery. Excellent ensemble and some fine moments. Shoot, I have them picked for second which ain't too shabby. The program just has a lot of visual dead time and it's going to be their Achilles heel at championships...IMO.

Based on your limited sample size, yes, absolutely. You saw 2.5 minutes of an early season show, and complained that they stood still for approximately 30% of it. If you assume they added NOTHING into those segments during the season, and assume that you can safely project those numbers over the entire production, then yeah, that would be a pretty lame show. Of course, i could watch the middle 2.5 minutes of the DCI world champions show this year and say that the hornline only spent 20-30% of that time playing, and the rest was waving these shiny pole things around...how in the world could THAT show win a modern drum corps championship!!

So if you still dont 'get it', why dont you watch the whole %$(#*% show before making judgements?? Too much to ask? based on your posting history the past couple years....i'll go with: Probably....

• Like 6

Ill take a former members word over yours seeing as they have probably seen the show quite a few times over your 2.5 minutes of early season video.

Everyone has their own opinions.

In my opinion, starting and stopping is more demanding than constantly moving. The halts they have in the show really go with the music so I think it works. Also what that video does not show is every halt now has some sort of body movement, so its not like they are doing nothing.

Best if luck this weekend to all corps!

• Like 2

Based on your limited sample size, yes, absolutely. You saw 2.5 minutes of an early season show, and complained that they stood still for approximately 30% of it. If you assume they added NOTHING into those segments during the season, and assume that you can safely project those numbers over the entire production, then yeah, that would be a pretty lame show. Of course, i could watch the middle 2.5 minutes of the DCI world champions show this year and say that the hornline only spent 20-30% of that time playing, and the rest was waving these shiny pole things around...how in the world could THAT show win a modern drum corps championship!!

So if you still dont 'get it', why dont you watch the whole %$(#*% show before making judgements?? Too much to ask? based on your posting history the past couple years....i'll go with: Probably....

Thought I had mentioned previously that I had followed a link provided by a fellow board member and saw MBI's entire program on the DCI fan page. Having done so, I stand by my assessment.

Thought I had mentioned previously that I had followed a link provided by a fellow board member and saw MBI's entire program on the DCI fan page. Having done so, I stand by my assessment.

Havent read the whole thread, and based on the stats you posted, i really had nothing else to go by. Oh well....

• Like 1

Would you rather them sit in chairs and play? That seemed to work for BD. Sure you've seen a video of a mid-season show. I was at that show, and I can guarantee that every single corps there had moments like that.. and every single corps I saw at DCI finals had changed that. You say you're not trying to come off as an MBI hater, but in most of your past posts that have to do with that corps, you have come off as that, and oh so much more (that I am not able to say on a public forum satisfied.gif )

• Like 2

is it me or is it getting really hot in this thread?

You must be pretty out of touch with the activity in general then. Not only is it possible to win DCA with that kind of show, but it is possible to win dci as well. I haven't seen ANY of the top 5 (other than my own show of course), so these are just general comments, but you sure do make some sweeping generalizations for having not seen most of MBI's show....

well, he is THE voice of reason

:tongue:

So you have seen DCI champs of recent vintage with THAT much time devoid of movement?

uh yeah, this little corps called the Blue Devils. maybe ya heard of em :rolleyes:

Really? Folks, I'm not trying to come off as an MBI hater. They have an absolutely first rate horn line and battery. Excellent ensemble and some fine moments. Shoot, I have them picked for second which ain't too shabby. The program just has a lot of visual dead time and it's going to be their Achilles heel at championships...IMO.

• Like 1