Troopers bus involved in accident this morning

Everyone is OK, that is great news. The best news period!

Fred, this is a shout out to you from your midwest crew here in Madison WI. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask! We want to help if you need it. It's not what you know, but who you know. We have lots of stuff just sitting ( a bus, some trailers, trucks, ect. ect., Drum Corps stuff! I am glad to read everyone is OK and our prayers are with you all for a safe summer of being on tour. Three cheers for the Bus Driver- Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip HOORAY!

GO TROOPERS!

Your friends,

Sue and Jason Brady- Peace!

Edited by thirdcoast

Sounds like Greenfield, IA is home for the Troopers for another day, maybe longer.

The Road Home Blog: Thank You

From experience working and touring with the Colts for a number of summers in the 1990's, I've observed that there is a surprisingly large community of drum corps savvy people in Iowa.

There are also many good people in Iowa eager and willing to step up in a time of crisis to help a neighbor or a busload of kids belonging to people they have never met.

I am relieved beyond measure that no one was injured too seriously in what looked like a very frightening accident and, in looking for any silver lining possible, I would imagine that there are a number of Iowans..... perhaps even some Colts parents..... stepping up to offer whatever help they can.

Edited by notelvis
  • Like 2

Sue - it's easy to dismiss this as lazy reporting but suppose it's something even worse than that. Suppose the reporter sort of grasped the distinction but decided that that stations' viewing audience was not 'sharp' enough to 'get it' and decided to 'dumb the report' down for them.

THAT'S FRIGHTENING.

I thought of that possibility . . . and sadly, it is a possibility. We can dismiss it as, "Well, it's just drum corps." But when that attitude extends to more important matters, it is indeed quite scary.

Beyond that, I'm glad to hear that the kids are released and that the Troopers are getting back to business. I'm hearing good things about them this early season and can't wait to see the Troopers for myself this summer.

Hear, hear!

Just read the article and listened to the interview.

WOW!

GREAT to hear that the Trooper members are doing well and taking the time to heal before they roll on.

Take care Troop and see you soon!

Wishing you all the best this season.

Just read the article and listened to the interview.

WOW!

GREAT to hear that the Trooper members are doing well and taking the time to heal before they roll on.

Take care Troop and see you soon!

Wishing you all the best this season.

I'll second that. /salute

Hi All,

Everyone is going great from the corps. We are traveling this evening to Indy to finish out our all days. Currently we are still ahead of schedule for this point in the season.

The members have been nothing short of spectacular. We are all VERY proud of them.

Here is a great radio interview with Corps director Fred Morris about the incident and subsequent costs if you are interested.

Fred Morris Radio Interview

Feel free to come and check us out on the road or in the lot. We would love to have you.

Thanks again for all the support,

Kyle Thompson

Brass Caption Supervisor