DEG Piccolo Soprano

2Valve

Hi All

I have a DEG Piccolo Soprano that I acquired back in 2009. I may or may not have to sell it soon to help pay for college or my wedding if college money shows up. I was wondering what the usual market value on these are. The horn functions, but remember it is a DEG piccolo, and is rather fragile, and will need a little work before I can sell it if I decide I need to. It does have the original case, but there are no corps markings on it.

Thanks

Scott

I have come across a lot of DEG instruments in my time, but have never seen a piccolo sop. I would imagine they are quite rare, which will push up the price. My guess would be $150ish? Maybe someone else knows better. I would normally sell a big sop at about $100-$200ish depending on quality.

Honestly...$50-$100 from a collector. There's little demand for such instruments, hence why there weren't many made.

All of normal sops and my K-40 were in the hundred dollar to two hundred dollar range, even my k-20, which is in "like new" condition. I don't disclose the price paid on horns I might sell, but I recently saw one go for $400.00. I dont know if that is normal, hence my asking here. And again I repeat, the horn is not for sale yet. I've already gotten emails asking to make a deal. If I put it up for sale, I'll realist in marketplace.

That horn is an acoustical mismatch.

First, the bad news. The valve cluster is the same .468 unit used on all the other DEG smallbores. Way too big for a picc.

Now, the good news. Don Getzen used a Schilke beryllium bell, you'll notice it's almost tinfoil-thin. Advertise your horn on the Trumpet Herald web forum. The techies there will be quite interested in the bell.

I have a DEG Piccolo Soprano as well. But for me, I would never dream of selling it...just for the novelty of the thing!

Does yours have an adjustable tuning bell like mine does?

These are pretty rare, but again, as one poster said...not much demand for it these days.

Just curious....I might be interested in buying it from you!!!

Edited by FPonzo

I would like to point out that the horn was used in the final parking lot performance and recording of Music City Legend in 2009 by our lead soprano, if that helps any. ;P

It does have the tunable bell. My college trumpet teacher was actually able to make some really nice sounds on it.

Very cool!!

If you get a chance, listen to the recording of the 1995 Hawthorne Caballeros.....you will hear a piccolo soprano solo that I played in our classical arrangement of Malaguena! It's a good horn, if it's played properly!

There actually were FOUR G picc 2-piston models offered. In addition to the DEG above, there were also versions from Olds, American Command, and the King K-10. All are pretty far & few between, I've never seen the King.

I've had 2 DEG and 1 Command.I sold the 2 Degs 1 for $410 on Ebay and another for $250 private sale.Both had varying quality issues.The Command was perfect.I found it in a music stores' storage shelf still in the plastic.