Academy 2011

Academy 2011  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Where will the Academy place at finals?

You all have a very good show! YES!... These next 2 shows are going to be very important for the rest of your season. IMO. If you all are going to make a statement in 2011, this weekend NEEDS to be it. I am looking forward to seeing your show moving up this summer. To bad you all wont be in MINN. Have fun and keep working, I really enjoy your show, I hope you start moving up.

Go ACADEMY!

Edited by thirdcoast
  • Like 2

I watched their battery warming up in the lot at DATR tonight. Very impressive. Reminded me a lot of SCV, then I came home and looked it up and was not surprised to see Murray Gusack on the staff.

• Like 1

I watched their battery warming up in the lot at DATR tonight. Very impressive. Reminded me a lot of SCV, then I came home and looked it up and was not surprised to see Murray Gusack on the staff.

• 2 weeks later...

You all have a very good show! YES!... These next 2 shows are going to be very important for the rest of your season. IMO. If you all are going to make a statement in 2011, this weekend NEEDS to be it. I am looking forward to seeing your show moving up this summer. To bad you all wont be in MINN. Have fun and keep working, I really enjoy your show, I hope you start moving up.

Go ACADEMY!

bump

I agree. If they were World Class Division Top 12 caliber, they would not be competing in the Open Class. Open Class Corps are filled with predominently younger, more inexperienced, and typically a bit smaller Corps in size...especially guards. These Corps can be very entertaining however. But the chances of an Open Class Corps making World Class Division Top 12 is just not in the cards.... but could they break into the Semi's ? Well, we are about to find out, as this year they are eligible.

If I understand the format this year Semis is top 25, so it is a given. However, if you mean top 17 then my bet would be that open class corps gets there this year. My guess is that 19th-20th is the best an open class corps will do in 2011.

That is not meant to denigrate open class but rather a testament to ho competitive things are in the teena this year.

First off Academy's show is one of my favorites this season and boy does that hornline pack a punch! They just need to get their visual program on par with the groups in their tier in order to contend for that coveted 12th place or higher spot.

Secondly, I was at the Bellflower, CA show last night and saw both BDB and SCVC both compete. Are they good? Yes! But after comparing them to Pacific Crest directly at this show I can tell you that if they or any other open class corps are going to make it into finals, they have to go through PC before getting at the other finalist contenders. Would also like to say that PC has made some AWESOME changes to their show and I think it will put them in the heat of the hunt for 12th battle once they meet with them in Texas. I know they have a competitive vendetta for Bones after last years close finishes.

Anyways, GO ACADEMY!

• Like 1