The (Non) Pre-June Prediction Thread

BD in fourth!!?!?

This isn't the "Bold Predictions" thread. :)

I don't think it's too bold. If I hadn't seen BD at all this year, I'd believe it's possible.

But I have. Their hornline and drumline is amazing. I don't know about their guard, but their guard is always amazing. The show still needs a lot of work (lots of tears), but who doesn't need a lot of work right now. I don't know if they'll win or not though.

Finally!!!

1.) Cadets

2.)Cavaliers

3.) Blue Devils

4.)Carolina Crown

5.)Bluecoats

6.)Bluestars

7.)SCV

8.)Phantom Regiment

9.)Madison Scouts

10.)Troopers

11.)Blue Knights

12.) Spirit of Atlanta

I think you forgot about Boston!

More of this silliness again?

Phantom Regiment will not have the lowest placement in 37 years. There is no way you can legitimately think that.

1. They have a director who has 2 world championships under his belt.

2. Two people on staff have led a brass caption victory.

3. The new drum caption head is one of the pinnacles of his profession.

4. Jamey Thompson has had a perfect score in DCI Finals for drill composition.

5. The corps is in their best financial status in 15 years.

6. The corps has placed in the top 3 11 times since they last were in 11th place.

Who and when has he written for again?

But when you're talking about BK you're likely not talking about a battle for 12th, but possibly Troopers needing to place 9th or 10th (or higher) to beat BK. If you had said Glassmen who seem to be the perennial 12th place finisher, I would agree they've got a shot.

I am a Trooper alum and unabashed homer and I have to agree with you. It will be really difficult for Troopers to unseat BK, this year! They will be a lot closer than anyone is giving them credit and may actually beat them in one or two shows. I think that BK just has a slightly stronger corps and show for this year but Troop will be extrememly clean and will make BK look over their shoulder once or twice! :thumbup:

I am a Trooper alum and unabashed homer and I have to agree with you. It will be really difficult for Troopers to unseat BK, this year! They will be a lot closer than anyone is giving them credit and may actually beat them in one or two shows. I think that BK just has a slightly stronger corps and show for this year but Troop will be extrememly clean and will make BK look over their shoulder once or twice! :thumbup:

As long as what Troopers put on the field is amazing (which I'm sure it will be :smile: ) I'd be up for them challenging some of the 9th - 12th. As long as a corps deserves to be where they are placements wise, go as far as you want. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Ok, that's "cool" how you put everything in acronyms, but first can we please make sure to put all of the top 12 corps from last year in your list?

P.S. is "Tpr." supposed to be Troopers?

Are you that lazy that you have to acronym everything rather than spell it out?

If this is your first post ever, I'd hate to see what kind of posts we'll get from you in the future...

BTW Wlcm 2 drm crps plnt

P.S.Again. - Also excited to see Jubal coming to the U.S. again. Always good to see foreign corps. It is something I'd like to see more of in the future.

P.S.OnceMore. - I'm mad because you didn't put the Blue Stars in your list. If you're going to write a list, please make sure you forget any. I don't think the Blue Stars are going to drop to 17th or worse. Their drill is tough, yeah, but if they drop, it won't be out of Finals...IF they drop.

Jubal suvived the Nazi Occupation I Like there Guts. Blue Stars when they start getting spanked by the bottom 4 or 6 anything can happen.

• Like 1

Blue Stars when they start getting spanked by the bottom 4 or 6 anything can happen.

What?

:rock:

Jubal suvived the Nazi Occupation I Like there Guts

Ouch.

Jubal suvived the Nazi Occupation I Like there Guts. Blue Stars when they start getting spanked by the bottom 4 or 6 anything can happen.

Anybody else here believe that we might need a Danish translator to decipher what this means ?

Edited by BRASSO

I think you forgot about Boston!

Perhaps the poster didn't forget about them at all, but just happens to think they will not be in the top 12, since he/she only guessed the top 12. Why is that so inconceivable? It's not likely to happen, I'd say, but it's certainly not inconceivable.

Then again, maybe the poster has seen Troopers and/or Spirit of Atlanta, and thinks they are going to have what it takes to make it back into the top 12 this year, and realizes that for that to happen, two corps would have to drop out of the top 12 -- and thinks those two corps will be Boston and Glassmen.

At any rate, the poster is entitled to his/her opinion and prediction.