The (Non) Pre-June Prediction Thread

1. Cavies . Please no mics for the brass line this year.

2. BD -Due for a defeat. again. p.s. hate the new uniforms

3. Bluecoats -These 3 have figured out how to clean better than the rest.

4. Cadets -great package but visual problems with 2 uniforms.

5. Crown -Great brass , ok show , fixes all summer long. cant maintain a melody

6. Blue Stars -good at everything , bad at little.

7. Phantom , visual and drums keep them away from the top

8. SCV -too odd a program in a fan friendly year

9. Blue Knights -Recognizable music wins big with crowd.

10. Madison - tough to move up.

11.Boston . have not heard anything so.. this pick is based on years past. could go up could go down.

12. Crossmen . Heard they are loud . big , and fan friendly . adding white to uniforms.

---------

13. Glassmen . have not heard anything as well. could go up could go down.

14. Academy . heard good things but picture on uniform thread, they look small and bad new uniforms.

15.-17. Colts , Troopers and Spirit not a lot of info so far but these corps are next

I'm ignorant because I think it's asinine to even consider The Cadets won't make finals???

Lol....I'm not sure what you meant by that post...I really don't think they are going to move out of the top 6, much less Finals...I'd like to see Spirit make Finals, I just don't think they are at that point yet...

Who were you responding to? :huh:

I predict that many posters in this thread will wind up in rehab very soon.

:ph34r:

• Like 6

1. Blue Devils- Love the show concept. I'm also hearing that they are very strong group...again. 3peat.

2. Cavaliers- Always have a tight and clean show. They have as good of a shot at 1st as anyone.

3. Bluecoats- Again, killer concept. I love Harvest by John Mackey. I'm really interested to see how they respond after last year's success.

4. Cadets- After seeing a pre-season performance I am very excited about this show.

5.Carolina Crown- Always entertaining, but musically aren't as tight as they could be. You never know, they can have a good run this year.

6.SCV- They're gonna be SCV

7.Phantom- Great music choices. Their percussion may have a down year.

8. Blue Stars- To be completely honest I haven't heard much about their 2011 show. I just figured I'd put them in the same place they've been the past 3 years.

9. Madison- They can do something special this year with their show. I hear there may be references to 9/11. Could really hit home with the crowd and the judges.

10. Boston- Consistently solid. Again I don't know much about their 2011 show but they will make it in to the top 12.

11. Blue Knights- Never have been a fan of this group. Even last year I wasn't to thrilled with their show. Nonetheless they play/march well and will get in.

12. Academy- Love their music and the new uniforms. I really don't think the black will make them look small at all. Blue Devils have a similar set up in that they have a tail which to my eye makes them look wider/ more visible.

Honestly, my top 4 can go in any order. I foresee a very tight race for the top spot. shutup.gif

1. Cavies . Please no mics for the brass line this year.

2. BD -Due for a defeat. again. p.s. hate the new uniforms

3. Bluecoats -These 3 have figured out how to clean better than the rest.

4. Cadets -great package but visual problems with 2 uniforms.

5. Crown -Great brass , ok show , fixes all summer long. cant maintain a melody

6. Blue Stars -good at everything , bad at little.

7. Phantom , visual and drums keep them away from the top

8. SCV -too odd a program in a fan friendly year

9. Blue Knights -Recognizable music wins big with crowd.

10. Madison - tough to move up.

11.Boston . have not heard anything so.. this pick is based on years past. could go up could go down.

12. Crossmen . Heard they are loud . big , and fan friendly . adding white to uniforms.

---------

13. Glassmen . have not heard anything as well. could go up could go down.

14. Academy . heard good things but picture on uniform thread, they look small and bad new uniforms.

15.-17. Colts , Troopers and Spirit not a lot of info so far but these corps are next

That is a GREAT point about SCV. That's exactly how I am feeling.

I'm sticking by my original...

Regiment in the top 3

Madison in the top 6

BD doesn't take 1st

Regiment will not be in the top 3. Drums was the only thing keeping them in the top 8.

Madison could make top 8. Top 6 might be a bit of a stretch for this year. Next year...

Anyone who doesn't pick BD as the odds-on favorite to win is foolish.

Edited by contrajedi8
  • Like 3

Crown is being placed very low, I've noticed. They are nails this year. I just watched their preshowing today and it was ahead of what I was expecting.

• Like 1