The (Non) Pre-June Prediction Thread

10th place is a real possibility if you ask me. I don't think it will happen, but it certainly could.

This is something that has only happened once in the modern drum corps era. Given the current state of the organization, fund wise, staff wise, member wise... Yes, this is an impossibility. I'd be more than willing to partake in ANY friendly wagers that DCP members want to put up on this subject.

Nothing like taking people blinded by their own egos.

• Like 1

Pass me what you are smoking. 10th place? That would be the lowest placement in 25 years. Ain't happening, bud.

Hahaha agreed. Also with the dude who said The Cadets wouldn't make finals. Seriously, some people should check out the site that shall never be named...

#1 B.D.

#2 CAV

#3 B.C.

#4 C.C.Tie

Cad Tie

#6 SCV

#7 BAC

#8 P.R.

#9 G.M.

#10 B.K.

#11 M.S.

#12 Tpr.

#13 X.M.

#14 Sprt

#15 T.Ac

#16 JUBAL

i predict discontent.

• Like 1

1.Blue Devils (This is after seeing their Family Night show - AMAZING - definitely undefeated this year)

2. Bluecoats

3. Cavaliers

4.Carolina Crown

5. SCV

6. Cadets

7. Phantom

8. Blue Stars

9. Boston

10. Blue Knights

11. Troopers

12. Scouts

• Like 1

#1 B.D.

#2 CAV

#3 B.C.

#4 C.C.Tie

Cad Tie

#6 SCV

#7 BAC

#8 P.R.

#9 G.M.

#10 B.K.

#11 M.S.

#12 Tpr.

#13 X.M.

#14 Sprt

#15 T.Ac

#16 JUBAL

Ok, that's "cool" how you put everything in acronyms, but first can we please make sure to put all of the top 12 corps from last year in your list?

P.S. is "Tpr." supposed to be Troopers?

Are you that lazy that you have to acronym everything rather than spell it out?

If this is your first post ever, I'd hate to see what kind of posts we'll get from you in the future...

BTW Wlcm 2 drm crps plnt

P.S.Again. - Also excited to see Jubal coming to the U.S. again. Always good to see foreign corps. It is something I'd like to see more of in the future.

P.S.OnceMore. - I'm mad because you didn't put the Blue Stars in your list. If you're going to write a list, please make sure you forget any. I don't think the Blue Stars are going to drop to 17th or worse. Their drill is tough, yeah, but if they drop, it won't be out of Finals...IF they drop.

1. Cavies . Please no mics for the brass line this year.

2. BD -Due for a defeat. again. p.s. hate the new uniforms

3. Bluecoats -These 3 have figured out how to clean better than the rest.

4. Cadets -great package but visual problems with 2 uniforms.

5. Crown -Great brass , ok show , fixes all summer long. cant maintain a melody

6. Blue Stars -good at everything , bad at little.

7. Phantom , visual and drums keep them away from the top

8. SCV -too odd a program in a fan friendly year

9. Blue Knights -Recognizable music wins big with crowd.

10. Madison - tough to move up.

11.Boston . have not heard anything so.. this pick is based on years past. could go up could go down.

12. Crossmen . Heard they are loud . big , and fan friendly . adding white to uniforms.

---------

13. Glassmen . have not heard anything as well. could go up could go down.

14. Academy . heard good things but picture on uniform thread, they look small and bad new uniforms.

15.-17. Colts , Troopers and Spirit not a lot of info so far but these corps are next

WAIT - Please hold off criticism of BD's new uniforms until you see the show on the field. They make sense there and they look amazing and classy with this particular show. I'll bet you'll change your mind once you see it.

You know, as much as an un-fan of the Blue Devils I am, if they are going to win again, I at least hope they put out 1) music that is melodic (which I've heard they are doing), 2)Have visuals that you can actually make sense of, and 3) No mirrors.

If they are going to win, I hope it's enjoyable.

Blue Devils have been almost cheating by designing drill that is really hard to judge.

How can you judge drill when half of them are behind props half of the time? Or when they have 12 arcs with 4 or 5 people each? That isn't hard to do....now a drill like Cadets 1993, that is a bona fide drill, difficult to make clean, but you can actually see shapes and curves. And it wasn't very blocky - I don't like blocks a whole lot.

• Like 2

I won't give placements but I will give groupings because I believe like many of us out there that it will be a close run once again.

Top 3 in no particular order

Cadets-just watched their indoor performance on the forbidden site and holy ^%#@^ do they sound awesome. Also, my friend is interning there as the camera guy and has some film posted on his facebook of some segments of the show but without the sounds of the show. The intro looks insane!!! This will be a monster come August

Blue Devils-Haven't liked a show from them since 04 but with a melodic promise in there I think I may end up liking it. This corps rarely falls out of the top 3, I only recall them in 4th place once the entire past decade so it's pretty safe to say they'll be in the top 3. Plus, no matter how terrible the show, they always perform the hell out of it.

Bluecoats-After the success from last season, the growth in the corps this season as well as some pretty interesting show designs, this show will definitely top last seasons. There is a set in the show where the entire corps comes off the field side 2 and is right there peeling your face with the tubas in front. That will be epic!!!! Also the quadrophonic sound concept seems to be really cool as well but the biggest thing to come from them this season is in Mackey's piece. The trombone solo is in the tubas and splits into 4 parts!!! That will be talked about a lot.

4-8 No particular order

Blue Stars-One of my favorite groups to watch since 07 and will definitely be pushing to be on disc one next season. They are hungry to take out a "big name" again like they use to in the 70's. Brass staff has it together as does the visual, drum and guard staff so you can only expect great things from this corps again.

Crown-Horns still sound freaking awesome. Found some warm up footage and it sounds like them. Just wish they didn't play in Bb all the freaking time!!! As for the show concept, I don't know much about it but the fact that it will be better than 2nd chance. Hope they filled their tuba holes though. I witnessed a crown member asking one of my friends in Blue Stars (on facebook) if they had any spare tuba alternates that they could send their way since they had acquired a bit of holes due to injury.

Cavaliers-The show doesn't strike me as a strong one for them but again this is a prediction not fact so if they pull off a hell of a show again then they will be rewarded properly. That said, I hope they cleaned up their visual package back to what it was 2008 and before because it's become a little more messy and less detailed recently to say the least. Drums will be strong, guard will be strong, I expect to hear screaming lead trumpets but preferably not through a mic please and bring on that killer drill you always do!!!

SCV-This show seems like it will be awesome!!! I've been looking forward to this show all season and heard some clips of it and it sounds so cool!!! Drums sound like their going to compete as well and the horns sound better than the previous two seasons. Can't say anything about the visual package because I haven't seen it but SCV always has cool droll so I won't worry so much there

Phantom-First off, not digging the uniforms for the horns and drums but this show concept seems to be really cool. The thing I love most about Phantom is that they tell an easy to follow story in their shows and it makes for a much more theatrical and engaging program which I look forward to seeing this summer. Their drums are in good hands (no pun intended) so they shouldn't drop off too much if they do.

9-11

Boston-The skill of this corps is fairly consistent and since they made finals back in the late 90s they haven't dropped out and don't look to anytime soon. I'm sure that whatever they do will be pretty freaking cool like the last 4 years (didn't like 06 too much).

BK-I have professor that teaches here that says the corps hornline is leagues beyond what it was last season and that they look to place higher this season in the end. He also claims that the more modern marching technique is starting to clean up so hopefully that means a better visual performance from the whole corps as well.

Madison-They'll be back in finals but I have a feeling replacing Prime with smith might hurt them but that's just because I've never really like the way Smith arranges (my taste not everyone elses). But if he can prove me wrong than go ahead. Loved the show last year and one of my girlfriends favorites and that says a lot coming from a first time viewer.

12-18 The reason I made this grouping so big is because aside from the top 7, this group becomes extremely vicious and almost uncomfortably competitive (in a good way) to where you don't know who will end up where but here it goes.

Academy-this group is strong, music seems like it'll be really cool and contrary to many people, I like the uniform. It's unique and won't be confused for anyone else's uniform. The brass section is kicking it into gear again and I won't be surprised to see this group on saturday night for the first time ever.

Glassmen-I'm not too keen on the whole possibility of this being a vampire show. This show could go either way. It could be really cool or a real head scratcher. I will say that they have been more fun to watch since 08 and a little less boring.

Colts-this show looks interesting and dark and with the new unis it looks to be a cool concept. With the fact that they are using some inspiration from "Black Swan" should make them really crowd pleasing this year.

Spirit-This corps was strong last year and should be getting even stronger. I personally thought they were better than troop last season but anyways. This crime show looks to be awesome especially with that 40s and 50s era feel. Should be another crowd pleaser. They also look visually stronger than last year from a few clips I've seen as well.

Troopers-Hornline was freaking awesome last year so hopefully it translates to this year. Haven't heard much from them on their show or progress. I like the new unis minus the random gold sash hanging on the side. Best of luck to you troop.

Pacific Crest-This group will be in friday night for sure this season. The drill and show design is the best I've seen from them and the horn book is killer! Can't wait to see them compete with the corps they've been trying to for so long.

Crossmen-Haven't heard much from them but when have they fallen out of the the top 17? Should be good and consistent across the board and from what I hear, they're doing well.

Those are my predictions and whether or not they come true, I could care less mainly cuz it's late and I'm tired lol. Can't wait for the season to start!

• Like 1