The (Non) Pre-June Prediction Thread

My groupings are made based on the fact the members in each group will be extremely competitive with eachother and can move around.

1)Cadets-Love the show concept, it was not designed the way i thought it would be but its still awesome. Im not as confident in saying they will win this year as I once won.

2)Blue Devils-Lets be realisitc, they wont drop any lower than that

3)Cavaliers-Havent seen or heard much from them this year. But im sure they will be just fine. I dont dig the unis, but everyone says they sound solid.

4)Phantom-I think i would like to make a point how much better the guard is this year. And a good guard does not just mean a good guard, it means good effect as well. Percussion is still solid, and the horns have room for improvement, but that just means they can just get that much better.

5)Bluecoats-Another group that hasnt put out much preview stuff, but im actually excited for their show this year.

6)Blue Stars- I think show design will help them just barely edge out Crown. Their avg age of 20 is the oldest its been since they have come back to world class i believe. This is my biggest bold prediction of the year I think.

7)Crown- IMO, their show just wont make it. I have a feeling that they are going to overdo the concept from what I have seen and heard.

8)SCV-Someone made the point earlier that they have a non fan friendly show in a fan friendly year. And from what Cesario said about the new sheets, I just feel they are a year late in trying to key into what the judges were rewarding.

9)Boston Crusaders-Interesting show concept this year.

10)Madison-They need to improve their visual product this year if they want they want to continue to be a competetor.

11)Blue Knights-I think they have the potential to surpase Boston and Madison this year! They will certainly win the fans over.

12)Glassmen-They always seem to have just enough to be in finals. I think this year may be their last year in if they dont do something with it.

Edited by TubaJon
  • Like 1

Whatever I'll give it a go.

1. Cadets

2. Crown

3. BD

4. Bluecoats

5. Cavaliers

6. Blue Stars

7. Scouts

8. SCV

9. Regiment

10. Blue Knights

11. Troop a Loop

12. Glassmen

I have to agree with your basic guess. I think that 1-3 could be in any order, Troop in 11th is right on. I do not see Crossmen, Academy, or Spirit being even close to the top 12 this year. I think that the difference between 12th and 13th will have about a 2-3 point spread. Phantom may move into the top 7, but, that is about it. :thumbup:

• Like 2

Heres my 1 thru 15:

1 Cavaliers

2 Blue Devils

3 Cadets

4 Crown

5 Bluecoats

6 SCV

7 BlueStars

8 Phantom

9 Madison

10Boston

11Glassmen

12Academy

13BlueKnights

14Troopers

15Colts

Academy beating BK, I don't think so! Glassmen will be at the edge of 12-13 and Troopers will slide into 11th. :lookaround:

• Like 2

Academy beating BK, I don't think so! Glassmen will be at the edge of 12-13 and Troopers will slide into 11th. :lookaround:

You sure are insistent on this Troopers thing -- enough to double-post about it with no supporting evidence. I'm not willing to take anyone to arms over any of my guesses, but that's just me.

Do you know something the rest of us don't? With how confident you are it seems baffling that not everyone is putting Troop in 11th [exactly 11th, at that]. I'm honestly curious, since I haven't heard a peep from them.

Edited by Stryfe

4)Phantom-I think i would like to make a point how much better the guard is this year. And a good guard does not just mean a good guard, it means good effect as well. Percussion is still solid, and the horns have room for improvement, but that just means they can just get that much better.

Indeed.

You sure are insistent on this Troopers thing -- enough to double-post about it with no supporting evidence. I'm not willing to take anyone to arms over any of my guesses, but that's just me.

Do you know something the rest of us don't? With how confident you are it seems baffling that not everyone is putting Troop in 11th [exactly 11th, at that]. I'm honestly curious, since I haven't heard a peep from them.

Troopers are on a slow, but steady, rise. They had a down year last year after their finals year in 2009 with their increase in membership (growing pains). I really believe that they have drastically improved across the board, especially the color guard. Troopers finally have stability in staffing and in membership. The reason that you haven't heard much from their side is that they really want to sneak up and surprise instead of, pardon the pun, blowing their own horn. I have heard from individuals that I trust that this will be a banner year for Troopers with an excellent hornline, a much improved drumline (especially the pit), and a top-flight color guard. The corps has matured into a contemporary, talent rich group which will surprise this year.

I think that we should let the corps do the talking on the field and I will enjoy the results when Troop makes finals this year! :thumbup:

Edited by mckdan
  • Like 2

1. Blue Devils

2. Cadets

3. Cavaliers

4. Santa Clara

5. Bluecoats

6. Carolina Crown

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Blue Stars

9. Boston Crusaders

10.Blue Knights

11.Madison Scouts

12.Glassmen

I think the Cadets will be the main challenger for BD.

SCV will make a great improvement this year.

Carolina, possibly a down season.

Cali.

• Like 1

I've heard that everyone is supposed to be really good this year and that everyone will somehow slip into Finals.

• Like 5

I hear Glassmen are going to shock some.

They are. But nobody is going to believe it anyway, and they shouldn't. This hype doesn't mean anything. It's what the corps brings to the field, whether we're talking about The Glassmen or any other corps. But having seen it first hand, and of course everyone thinks their corps is the best right now, I do believe Glassmen will not only be solidly in finals, but will push at least 10th place.

1. Blue Devils

2. Cavaliers

3. Cadets

4. Crown

5. Bluecoats

6. Santa Clara

7. Blue Stars

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Phantom Regiment

10.Glassmen

11.Madison Scouts

12.Blue Knights