The (Non) Pre-June Prediction Thread

I have to agree with your basic guess. I think that 1-3 could be in any order, Troop in 11th is right on. I do not see Crossmen, Academy, or Spirit being even close to the top 12 this year. I think that the difference between 12th and 13th will have about a 2-3 point spread. Phantom may move into the top 7, but, that is about it. :thumbup:

Do you really think that Boston will be 2-3 points away from the top 12? :blink:

Well, I'm Trooper honk/homer too, and I'm not going to make any predictions at all. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the extremely competitive 10-17th field. But is IS 2011.... the year of the Trooper! :devil:

Seriously though, the volatility in the lower semis tier makes placements much more difficult. Every year in that grouping you've got far more fluidity in terms of membership retention and addition, design, staffing and management. Then there's all the behind the scenes stuff that most of us on DCP will never know about - fundraising, board progress, internal relationships, etc.

• Like 3

Well, I'm Trooper honk/homer too, and I'm not going to make any predictions at all. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the extremely competitive 10-17th field. But is IS 2011.... the year of the Trooper! :devil:

Seriously though, the volatility in the lower semis tier makes placements much more difficult. Every year in that grouping you've got far more fluidity in terms of membership retention and addition, design, staffing and management. Then there's all the behind the scenes stuff that most of us on DCP will never know about - fundraising, board progress, internal relationships, etc.

When it doubt on how to predict placements, just move the previous year's placements no more than 2 spots up or down from the previous year's placements for any Corps. You'll then be pretty close with 90% of the Corps in World Class. With the exception of one or two Corps each year, Corps in World Class, especially top 15, do not move up or down more than 2 placement positions in one year. So again.. rule of thumb.... don't make predictions that any World Class Corps will move up or down more than 2 spots from the previous year. Recent History tells us that it does happen here and there, but it is rare. Hope this helps, when you're not sure where to place Corps we havn't seen yet this year.

When it doubt on how to predict placements, just move the previous year's placements no more than 2 spots up or down from the previous year's placements for any Corps. You'll then be pretty close with 90% of the Corps in World Class. With the exception of one or two Corps each year, Corps in World Class, especially top 15, do not move up or down more than 2 placement positions in one year. So again.. rule of thumb.... don't make predictions that any World Class Corps will move up or down more than 2 spots from the previous year. Recent History tells us that it does happen here and there, but it is rare. Hope this helps, when you're not sure where to place Corps we havn't seen yet this year.

I seem to remember that in 2009 the Troopers moved more than 2 spots, didn't they? This will be about the same with Troopers moving up into the top 10-11. :thumbup:

• Like 1

I seem to remember that in 2009 the Troopers moved more than 2 spots, didn't they? This will be about the same with Troopers moving up into the top 10-11. :thumbup:

It's an outlier stat. I did say it " does happen ", but that "it is rare". Just look at last year. Make a list with a line down the middle. Of the top 17 Corps, how many Corps moved up or down more than 2 spots from the previous year ? Put those Corps in the left column. How many Corps stayed within 2 placement positions from the previous year ? Put that in the right column. Look at the 2 columns. That info will guide you how to predict placements when not sure.

Or just pull them out of your arse and put it on paper, I mean, no one is going to win anything here lol.

Here is my Wish list..

1 Cavaliers

2 Blue Devils

3 Cadets

4 SCV

5 Bluecoats

6 Crown

7 Madison

8 Blue Stars

9 Boston

10Phantom

11Glassmen

12Tropers

Here is when i get slapped by realty

1Blue Devils(possible switch)

2Cavaliers (possible switch)

3Cadets

4Bluecoats

5Crown

6SCV

7Blue Stars

8Phantom

9Scouts

10Boston

11Glassmen

12Blue Knights

Edited by ihatechewis08
  • Like 1

Pass me what you are smoking. 10th place? That would be the lowest placement in 25 years. Ain't happening, bud.

2009, who couldve predicted Cavaliers in 4th, their lowest placement since 1998? Troopers making finals for the first time since 1986? Phantom dropping from 1st to 9th? If anything, the intensity of this competition tells us that absolutely ANYTHING can happen. I love Phantom, they're my second favorite corps. I'm just trying to be realistic, and due to the high level of talent that we've heard about for 2011, I say that its basically anyone's year this year, just as it's anyone's year to fall (My BD prediction shows that) I believe that corps A could be in 1st in Atlanta and possibly end up in 5th at Finals. Or stay the same. Phantom could medal this year, or finish 10th. Just my $0.02 worth

• Like 1

Here is my Wish list..

1 Cavaliers

2 Blue Devils

3 Cadets

4 SCV

5 Bluecoats

6 Crown

7 Madison

8 Blue Stars

9 Boston

10Phantom

11Glassmen

12Troopers

Here is when i get slapped by realty

1Blue Devils(possible switch)

2Cavaliers (possible switch)

3Cadets

4Bluecoats

5Crown

6SCV

7Blue Stars

8Phantom

9Scouts

10Boston

11Glassmen

12Troopers

I think Troopers making top 12 instead of BK is nowhere based in reality, but that's just me.