The (Non) Pre-June Prediction Thread

Or just pull them out of your arse and put it on paper

Thats how it's done now. Nobody has seen the top 12 Corps yet. So pulling the predictions from this source is what we're all doing now really. I think everybody gets that. But instead of putiing the predictions on paper, we're putting them onto a computer.

Edited by BRASSO

I think Troopers making top 12 instead of BK is nowhere based in reality, but that's just me.

I disagree completely. I think The Troopers have an excellent shot at beating BK. Not saying that they will, but they sure could. Lots of reasons that they could and plenty of reasons that they won't. I will guarantee you that The Troopers will be better than last year. Despite the recent events with the bus crash, there are lots of things going very well with the corps in regards to the staff, the membership, and the design. Them changing where they rehearse for pre-tour had to help more than anything else.

Conversely, I do not know much about Blue Knights this year except that they are playing Holst suites on the field. I just don't see it, so the jury is still out for me when it comes to them.

We will all know before long though... :satisfied:

I disagree completely. I think The Troopers have an excellent shot at beating BK. Not saying that they will, but they sure could. Lots of reasons that they could and plenty of reasons that they won't. I will guarantee you that The Troopers will be better than last year. Despite the recent events with the bus crash, there are lots of things going very well with the corps in regards to the staff, the membership, and the design. Them changing where they rehearse for pre-tour had to help more than anything else.

Conversely, I do not know much about Blue Knights this year except that they are playing Holst suites on the field. I just don't see it, so the jury is still out for me when it comes to them.

I think you are on the right track. The corps is practicing in the midwest from the beginning of June until their first competition. They will get acclimated to the heat and humidity and not have to travel so much for their first few shows. They have had another year to perfect their new system and will surprise many. I don't know if Troop can beat BK at this time, but, I really think that they will be better than Glassmen, Academy, Spirt, Crossmen and any other challengers for 11th or 12th. I remember when Troopers used to beat the Cadets until they moved into the next level back in '80, '81. Maybe Troopers are following the same track as "Garfield" did in the day! :thumbup:

• Like 1

From what I'm hearing from some friends in Denver (in BK), I have to disagree. Let's just say that this will probably be the best the Blue Knights have been since 99 - 00, if not better. I love the Troopers, but BK's got quite a show.

Edited by DrumManTx

A list of ranges expressed so far in this thread (i.e. the highest and lowest these corps have been "placed")... This exemplifies what BRASSO was talking about regarding the concept of outliers. If everyone was right, we could have a very interesting Finals lineup. :)

In order of 2010 Finals:

Blue Devils: 1st - 5th

Cavaliers: 1st - 5th

Bluecoats: 1st - 6th (maybe 7th)

Carolina Crown: 1st - 8th (!)

Cadets: 1st - 6th (maybe not in Finals)

Phantom Regiment: 3rd - 11th (!)

Santa Clara Vanguard: 3rd - 8th

Blue Stars: 5th - 12th (maybe 4th, maybe not in Finals)

Boston Crusaders: 7th - 14th

Madison Scouts: 5th - 13th

Blue Knights: 8th - 13th

Glassmen: 9th - 13th (maybe 14th to 18th -- astounding number of "not in Finals"s)

Granted, the unpredictability of the numbers is less surprising as you get towards Semifinals, but Boston's results are interesting, because they have the narrowest curve of anyone except maybe BD (i.e. just glancing through the thread, I'd guess that about 90% of replies said 9th, 10th or 11th). BK's results were similarly narrow.

Also, for the record, I've heard personal anecdotes from experience watching a corps rehearse, like "[corps x] is on fire this year and will definitely place [higher than what is statistically likely]" for Glassmen, BK, Scouts, Boston, Blue Stars, SCV.... yeah, everybody.

Edited by Stryfe

From what I'm hearing from some friends in Denver (in BK), I have to disagree. Let's just say that this will probably be the best the Blue Knights have been since 99 - 00, if not better. I love the Troopers, but BK's got quite a show.

I love the fact that people are even considering Troopers as a direct competitor to BK. I respect the continuity that BK has has over the last couple of decades, but, I believe that Troopers will soon outshine BK, maybe in a year or two, but soon!

• Like 1

OK 2011 prediction: 1. Cadets

2. Blue Devils

3. Cavs

4.Bluecoats

5. Phantom

6. Crown

7. Santa Clara

8.Madison

9.Blue Stars

10. Blue Knights

11 + 12 up for grabs!

OK 2011 prediction: 1. Cadets

2. Blue Devils

3. Cavs

4.Bluecoats

5. Phantom

6. Crown

7. Santa Clara

8.Madison

9.Blue Stars

10. Blue Knights

11 + 12 up for grabs!

I think you forgot about Boston. Troopers will give a big push for 11th or 12th this year.

• Like 2