Crossmen 2011

Just got back from Bones' rehearsal in San Antonio. They ended the evening with the first full run of the season (closer drill is 5-6 hours old!). I am not about to make any predictions about placement, it would be dumb to do so. BUT, these guys sound like a drum corps again. Chuck's brass writing is great. Lots of stuff going on, not so "one dimensional" as the past few years. Beddis and Markworth have that drumline groovin again (thank God) and Rudy Gowern and his staff have done a GREAT job with the drumline. I've gone to check out rehearsal each year before they leave for tour. This is the only time since the move to TX that I haven't left feeling like I've been at a HS band rehearsal. The hornline can put out some SOUND and the drumline has some sweet beats. This will be a crowd pleaser, for sure.

Good job, so far, X-Men!!!

• Like 7

Just got back from Bones' rehearsal in San Antonio. They ended the evening with the first full run of the season (closer drill is 5-6 hours old!). I am not about to make any predictions about placement, it would be dumb to do so. BUT, these guys sound like a drum corps again. Chuck's brass writing is great. Lots of stuff going on, not so "one dimensional" as the past few years. Beddis and Markworth have that drumline groovin again (thank God) and Rudy Gowern and his staff have done a GREAT job with the drumline. I've gone to check out rehearsal each year before they leave for tour. This is the only time since the move to TX that I haven't left feeling like I've been at a HS band rehearsal. The hornline can put out some SOUND and the drumline has some sweet beats. This will be a crowd pleaser, for sure.

Good job, so far, X-Men!!!

thanks for this.

i was just listnening to my favorite naffier arrangement ever..."summertime" from the colts 93 show.

can't wait to hear his work again for bones.

• Like 1

Spent a few days with the corps in Texas. I love the show and can't wait to see them July 7th in Akron, Ohio.

They do however, have a few horn spots that just opened if you'd like to jump on tour with them. They also have a guard spot and maybe a tenor.

Definitely a classic Crossmen show I think you'll enjoy.

• Like 1

This is great news. The early 90's Crossmen shows are some of my all-time favorites. If they can recapture some of that groove and attitude I'm gonna be a really happy camper.

Spent a few days with the corps in Texas. I love the show and can't wait to see them July 7th in Akron, Ohio.

They do however, have a few horn spots that just opened if you'd like to jump on tour with them. They also have a guard spot and maybe a tenor.

You want to march under that brass staff. You just do. :worthy:

• Like 1

Green plussie given for the show, not for the holes. Hope you get some takers quick! I've always appreciated Chuck's work, and I'm glad he's doing good things for the Crossmen!

I really hope their visual and GE are good enough for the top 12, because musically this is some great ####!!!

And the drumline! WOWZERS!

The way the arrangements draw out the progressions and suspensions at the end of the show really reminds me of the early 90's arrangements too!

Edited by NR_Ohiobando
  • Like 1