Crossmen 2011

My Bones rookie sent me a text regarding the contest tonight. Evidently they have made some changes to the show. Tonight was the first time they put it on the field. Also, after the show, they walked across the street for ice cream! (Another Bones tradition.... :smile: )

• Like 1

Another scoring question... :satisfied:

I've been reading the forums. (Stalking might be a better word! LOL!) There have been multiple reports of different corps having trouble with members nearly falling, falling and multiple member pile-ups. How do these affect the scores? I would think they would cause the scores to drop but I haven't seen evidence of that.

Also, does everyone go into the championships with a blank score sheet or do their past scores get included?

Once again, I appreciate all the help!

Another scoring question... :satisfied:

I've been reading the forums. (Stalking might be a better word! LOL!) There have been multiple reports of different corps having trouble with members nearly falling, falling and multiple member pile-ups. How do these affect the scores? I would think they would cause the scores to drop but I haven't seen evidence of that.

Also, does everyone go into the championships with a blank score sheet or do their past scores get included?

Once again, I appreciate all the help!

To put it honestly: We don't know haha

Cadets had a snare fall back in 09 and their percussion seemed shaky that night so one could assume their score dropped because of that. But in the past, falling during drill hasn't affected scores too much. Cadets had a bunch of falling marchers in their 1995 show and still placed 2nd at Finals.

As for championship scoring, I believe the seeding/order of performance is determined by your previous scores in the season somehow... but they don't really "add up previous scores" to determine your championships score. They judge your show as it is at championships.

Some people believe "Slotting" takes effect during the season, but that's just conspiracy. :satisfied:

I'll second the "we don't know."

I've been told that the moment of the fall does not count against them but if it takes "too long" (whatever that is) to recover either musically or visually the score will be effected.

To put it honestly: We don't know haha

Cadets had a snare fall back in 09 and their percussion seemed shaky that night so one could assume their score dropped because of that. But in the past, falling during drill hasn't affected scores too much. Cadets had a bunch of falling marchers in their 1995 show and still placed 2nd at Finals.

As for championship scoring, I believe the seeding/order of performance is determined by your previous scores in the season somehow... but they don't really "add up previous scores" to determine your championships score. They judge your show as it is at championships.

Some people believe "Slotting" takes effect during the season, but that's just conspiracy. :satisfied:

could someone explain slotting to me? Its a new term for me...

could someone explain slotting to me? Its a new term for me...

slotting would suggest that corps placements are predetermined prior to the show and that outcome has nothing to do with performance/design. During the season you start to see corps fall into an order of finish and it stays pretty consistent during the season. People mistakenly think this is due to some sort of conspiracy by the judges to keep the corps in this order as opposed to the shows & performances working themselves into this order which is more the case.

Okay - enough about the music - how's the visual package?

We all know that to move up the competitive ladder, you need top design and execution in both captions.

1 The Cavaliers 15.650 0 2 The Cadets 15.400 +1 3 Blue Devils 15.233 -1 4 Carolina Crown 14.900 0 5 Phantom Regiment 14.600 +2 6 Madison Scouts 14.580 +4 7 Santa Clara Vanguard 14.575 -2 8 Bluecoats 14.500 -2 9 Blue Knights 14.333 +4 10 Spirit of Atlanta 13.975 +1 11 Blue Stars 13.750 -3 12 Boston Crusaders 13.725 -3 13 Crossmen 13.075 +2 14 Troopers 13.050 0 15 Colts 13.000 +3 16 Glassmen 12.933 -4 17 Pacific Crest 12.600 +1

This is their general effect visual rank against all the other corps. just to give ya an idea.

Edited by griego4m