To the rookies . . . as your first show approaches . . .

Amen to "DON'T BE THAT GUY!"

But DO be that member who:

Gets to your spot first

Listens to instructions intently

Gets your stuff to the bus/truck on time

Asks for help with anything show related

Avoids making negative comments about other members

Offers to help the volunteers on tour when possible

Have a FANTASTIC summer, and when you perform remember that folks like me used to be right where you are - and now we are in the stands cheering you on. I can't wait to cheer for YOU and YOUR CORPS!!!!

Your first show is always the hardest. When you step on the feild a million things are going through your mind. After you get it under your belt it calms the nerves and you're ok.

To the rookies:

Gold Bond is your friend.

• Like 1

To the rookies:

Shut up and just do your job. If you do that then everyone will like you, staff included, and you will have a much more pleasant summer than that mouthy rookie lead trumpet player who thinks he's hot ####.

• Like 1

To the rookies:

Shut up and just do your job. If you do that then everyone will like you, staff included, and you will have a much more pleasant summer than that mouthy rookie lead trumpet player who thinks he's hot ####.

Actually I was that guy .. the hotshot 14 yr old lead sop ... yes the punishment began about a week into tour ..... but it made me who I am today.

Just be yourselves and enjoy the ride. If you have issues, they will be "worked" out of you one way or another. I just hope you don't have a staff that tells you how "great" you are all the time. Educate yourselves enough to understand when you suck and why you suck ...... then stop sucking. Have a great summer!!!!

• Like 1

To the rookies, keep your mouths shut, and your ears open. This will win the respect of the vets and staff more than just about anything.

• Like 2