How do YOU do DCP?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. I browse DCP most.....

• At home
    • At work
    • At school
    • On tour (hey, go practice!)
    • A combination of 2 or more of the above
  2. 2. The time of day that I browse DCP most is.... (all times are local, check all that apply))

• Butt-crack o' dawn
    • 7-10am
    • 10am-2pm
    • 2pm-6pm
    • 6pm-9pm
    • 9pm-midnight
    • I'm a werewolf

Just curious. Discuss if you wish. (I'll add more about my own habits later)

One note: clearly some of us will change or add habits once shows start to happen. Just try to project that idea into your answers!

Edited by TerriTroop

DCP has been on my hit list for a few years. Daily (when busy with work once a day, when not busy or off a few times a day), when I sit down on my computer I hit email, ebay, DCP, yahoo news/finance, and sometimes facebook. As far as DCP goes my visits can last one minute to see what is new, or several minutes to scan a whole thread. I spend most of my time in the World Class forum, but I like to check percussion and marketplace for new posts. I rarely go past the first page of threads. When the season starts I spend some time checking scores and season averages and placements, great feature IMO.

To be honest, I try to remember to check my own postings to see if anyone responds. I have started a few threads that always seem to die quickly...ha. My goal is to score a ten pager without bumping it myself. I marvel at how much insight some DCPers have, and how silly some seem. I have real issues with unfunny people that try to be funny when posting. The lions share of posts are not funny, especially the ones that try to hard, but there are a few users that have a great sense of humor. Poor use of comedy gets a negative vote.

Once the season starts I just read more reviews and follow the trends. I have been known to log on late at night waiting for scores, especially if an underdog is hot for the season. I scan threads for my favorite corps, I skip whole threads if the topic doesn't interest me. I dislike the grammar police and really dislike postings that shift focus from the OP to spelling and grammar.

• Like 1

Just curious. Discuss if you wish. (I'll add more about my own habits later)

One note: clearly some of us will change or add habits once shows start to happen. Just try to project that idea into your answers!

I use my prison library computer after finishing my license plate polishing... usually just before my evening Vespers, and before the lights go out for the nite.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

Usually fairly early in the work day I take a look at DCP - Frequently when I'm on boring conference calls. I'll usually log on after I get home to see what's new as well. My daughter's even getting in on the addiction now. Every once in a while I'll see that she's on at home at the same time I'm on. :tongue:

• Like 1

I'm thoroughly addicted. Thinking about starting a support group. :lookaround:

I'll join you! Though I check DCP mostly at the butt-crack o' dawn, I'm a frequent partaker during the day, in small doses. (like right now)

My addiction will get much worse starting June 21, and between DCP and Trooper show night chats, my husband will quickly become a drum corps widower until August 14. He's learned to tolerate it, bless him.

July 25-August 4 is our family holiday. Every other year we go to a cabin without any internet and zero cell phone reception. Thank goodness for internet cafe's in Durango, CO. When we go into town 2-3 times during the trip (40 minutes from cabin) I can get my fix.

Generally I check in first thing in the morning, when I get done with work and usually later in the evening. Latey I have only as much time as it takes to read some threads that interest me without posting comments because I'm not one of those types to just say something without thinking about it first.

What I think is most important to me is that DCP exists. I don't live in the U.S. and there isn't anything remotely resembling drum corps where I live. When I do get to the city ( Toronto, about once a week) and see buddies I marched with and I can at least let them think I'm more informed than I really am.

Regards,

John

• Like 1

I'm thoroughly addicted. Thinking about starting a support group. :lookaround:

As long as there is good food and lots of beer (Fat Tire please), I'll join.

Oh, there also has to be a surround-sound theater system playing drum corps shows at each meeting.

• Like 1

At home between 9 and midnight. I went from once a week to daily. Yikes! Sign me up for that 12 step program. We went to finals last year and had a blast. We don't have that movie thing up here. Could you all please write a review or 2 on June 20th svp? I miss drum corps but can't travel south this year :( However, I'll be glued to my laptop June 25, July 9, July 16, July 23, July 30, Aug 9, Aug 12 to have a look see :-) In the meantime, I'll continue to read DCP ;-) Go Drum Corps!