This weekend, as the season begins . . .

Well, here we are again.

This may look familiar to long time posters, as it's just a tweak for 2011 of our annual post to the community as the season gets started.

If you've seen this before, keep it in the back of your mind as you post this summer.

If you haven't seen it . . .well, welcome to DCP. :tongue:

Anyway . . . passions will run high here, your favorite corps will get critiqued in a way you might not like . . .and people generally are on a shorter fuse this time of the year. It happens every summer.

In addition, we're sure to welcome new members and folks through the course of the season who may not be familiar with the ins and outs of the forums and community in general.

Here, then, is a small reminder of one of the more important pieces of the Community Guidelines:

You may not make personal attacks on other Community members or non-members. Harassment of other members is not allowed. Flame-bait, trolling or flaming posts will be edited or removed, and action may be taken against the author. Issues and posts directed at a single member should be handled via our built-in Private Messenger feature.

In other words, please don't attack each other . . .or other people outside of the Community. Feel free to critique show designs, performances and everything under the sun if you want, but please don't get personal, though.

Wrong: "Director X of corps Y is an idiot".

"Poster Z is a chump."

Better: "Director X of corps Y is doing some things I'm not happy with. For example, example A."

"Well, poster Z, I don't understand that viewpoint because. . ."

Take personal issues between posters to PM if possible; think of it this way: if you were having an argument with someone, would you rather do it face-to-face in your own house, or out in the street for everyone to see? ( . . .that's a rhetorical question, by the way. Heh.)

As always . . .if you see something that you don't think belongs here, or is breaking DCP Guidelines, report it. The moderation staff will do their best to check it out as quickly as possible. We're not able to be everywhere at once, so we depend on your eyes as well as our own to take care of the trolls, spammers and other ne'er-do-wells that may plague the forums, especially with the increased forum activity during the season.

Thanks for reading, and whether you're here for the scores, the discussions or just the heck of it . . . have fun this season! :smile:

What if I'm an idiot and I like to be called out?? Hahahaha

Hahahahaha, on a serious note I think u and the mods have done fantastic in the past 2-3 seasons of cleaning the board up. I remember first getting on here a long time back and seeing a bloodbath going on and now.... It's just a small cut every once in a while.... Haha. Happy Drum Corps Season To All and GO BLUE KNIGHTS, GET ENGLISH BABY!!

Wes P

In before close :tongue:

• Like 3

Censorship rules !

:shutup:

• Like 1

What if I'm an idiot and I like to be called out?? Hahahaha

You'll probably be disappointed then here on DCP. But you could run for Congress. That'd work. You qualify, and you'll get called out a kazillion times too. ( haha... just kiddin' Wes. )

Bawker is a chump is doing some things I'm not happy with. For example, this thread.

devil.gif

Edited by AlexL
  • Like 2

There should be a no holds barred, pick on the moderators day at the end of the season.

( or at the very least, a poll on who the best moderator is for the season )