DCPI season 16 discussion thread

Tuesday's events- I promise scores will be up sometime... :wall:

Midwest: Before East Ridge HS hosts the Blue Stars' home show later this summer, our DCPI corps will give the field a "shakedown" test:

CottageGroveMNEastRidgeHS3000.jpg

South: Kennesaw GA hosts one of the largest groups of southern corps early in the season. So it's only fitting that they get a sweet venue to perform at- in this case, the newly-built Kennesaw State University Soccer Stadium:

KennesawGAKSUSoccerStadium8000.jpg

West: West Covina High School, once considered one of the worst places to march in southern California, has been recently renovated and should provide a great marching environment for west coast corps:

WestCovinaCAWestCovinaHS3000.jpg

East: Due to an influx of last-minute registrations, we had to upgrade the location for the Chesapeake show, which will now take place at Todd Stadium in Newport News:

ChesapeakeVAToddStadium2.jpg

After quite a bit of burning the midnight oil (I think there is actually an oil field on fire somewhere :tongue:), scores for the first few days of shows are UP!!!!! Congrats to the winners of our first few contests.

Now there are still a couple of glitches I'm trying to work out related to why a couple corps aren't showing up on the scoresheets, and the scores for 6/18 aren't accessible as of yet, but I expect to have those resolved soon, and more importantly, we can look forward to getting score updates on a more regular basis.

Events for 6/22:

Europe: The Warrington UK show will take place at the Leigh Sports Village, in the Greater Manchester region of northern England:

WarringtonUKLeighSportsVillage10000.jpg

West: A pair of hearty corps brave the Pacific Northwest as they travel to Portland's Hillsboro Stadium:

HillsboroORHS5000.jpg

Midwest: Red Storm, a new Class A corps, hosts their home show event in the friendly confines of St. Cloud State University's Husky Stadium, right along the banks of the Mississippi:

StCloudMNHuskyStadium4000.jpg

Yaay! An interesting start to an already interesting season :tongue:

Big surprise for the FB!E staff: Privateers snag top spot with pair of season opening victories (#1 in both visual & music). The rum must be working!

Yay, scores! :thumbup:

Polaris Regiment has stumbled out of the gate a bit, but they've still got a lot of cleaning to do. They'll improve.

Oregon Marauders have come out like gangbusters. Forward Dynamics' most successful corps is showing once again why they are an Open Class force to be reckoned with!

Between the Privateers and Xothyme (1-2 nationally), the state of Wisconsin is OWNING Class A so far. :cool:

The Unspecified Organization is focusing on the FMA circuit for the time being, but Dude, Where's My Corps? is registering for a late entry. Don't expect us to make a run for finals, a few of the corps members are just pulling together to entertain this season.

*whew*

Ok. So yay for scores bring posted! Although, when I went to check the Desert Skies scores they were nowhere to be seen. :blink:

My schedule was up and my captions were up. However under further inspection, my captions had vanished!(I missed the earlier memo)

So NEW captions were made fairly quickly, and hopefully this can be seen as a "late start" for Xpress, Crimson Kings, and Chroma Key.

Xpress and Crimson Kings should have premiered at Fresno

Chroma Key was to premier at West Covina.

All three of my corps should be now premiering at Anaheim pending everything goes smoothly (no bus breakdowns, etc :smile: )

I promise we are back and haven't gone anywhere!

Edited by AZcoltcontra

FB!E HEADLINES:

Sharpening Claws: Crimson Lions Hone Show, Looking Better.

Oostburg Slams St. Cloud! Steals Prize From Marauders.

Too Much Rum? Privateers Sink From -5.43 Score.