DCPI season 16 discussion thread

Polaris' score would have been an 80.3 and Marauders' score an 77.49. I'll take some time later tonight to go back and adjust those scores in the database.

Thank you for quelling my panic. I was about to drive myself nuts figuring out caption changes. :blink:

I've no clue what is going on with my Lions... hardcore crash'n burn.

If I knew where my staff was I'd pummel 'em again. hehe!

Fortunately the Barnstormers and Privateers are still holding up and offering competition.

edit: Maybe I should return that church bell we pilfered. :ph34r:

Edited by Tin Guardian

Just did some quick calculating also... if my numbers are correct, Crimson Lions would have scored roughly 80.63 - which puts me right back in the game!

Will wait for confirmation before I tell the staff it's safe to come out. :tongue:

edit: typo

Edited by Tin Guardian

Due to an unfortunate power outage at the DCPI Executive Offices (aka my house), scores will be slightly delayed this week, but I expect to be able to update and upload in the afternoon between work and school.

Meanwhile, the tour continues on. Today, eastern corps continue their march toward Minnesota with a stop at Centerville HS outside Dayton- fans here are always great and receptive here:

CentervilleOHCentervilleHS7000.jpg

The folks in Omaha NE have come up with a great concept for a show- sell rooftop tickets on top of all of the high-rise buildings surrounding Central HS for awesome top-down viewing of the show:

OmahaNECentralHS6000.jpg

Western corps continue their trek up the California coast, visiting Gilroy HS tonight:

GilroyCAGilroyHS3000.jpg

Scores for yesterday are up, and already there's a big shakeup going on out west! The Velour Knights, season 10 champions, returned to the field in a big way, snapping Elite Brigade's undefeated streak in Atascadero despite getting a 0.5 penalty at the show!

And it looks like the ship has been righted in the Star of Jupiter camp too as they rebound from a disappointing showing at the regionals to take the top award over Caprice in Lawrence.

Ok, first show of the season for the VK Org. and I can't complain. Especially after such a long layoff and just pulling kids off the street and putting somme equipment in their hands.

The kicker was beating in state rival (BTW it was nice seeing you at the Walnut show) California Knights. Will be interesting how the season plays out with this half a point penalty.

Oh well, just glad to be back on the competitive field once again.

good to see too CLASS corps going head to head and pushing each other up to the top!

Good news- power at the DCPI command center has been restored after being out for 2 days.

Today, the west coasters take a day off from competition, leaving 3 fine midwest shows taking place at Howard Wood Stadium in Sioux Falls SD, Waukee HS near Des Moines IA and Carmel HS on the north side of Indianapolis.

SiouxFallsSDHowardWoodStadium10000.jpg

DesMoinesIAWaukeeHS2.jpg

CarmelINCarmelHS6000.jpg

Sorry Galen, it looks like there's still a mapping problem with Carolina Crown's Music GE scores. My Class A corps with Cavaliers/Madison Scouts GE combo is nearly 1.5 ahead of my Open and World corps with Cavaliers/Carolina Crown GE Combos.

Polaris Regiment has Cavaliers for Visual GE and Crown for Music GE and scored 31.62 in GE on 7/12. The Cavaliers performed 7/12 and scored 16.7 in Visual GE, which means Crown's computed Music GE score was 14.92. Considering their lowest Music GE score of the season was 14.8 back in mid-June, and they've scored 16.3 at their last two shows... something seems off, still.

I am by no means the only one affected: I see a lot of 31.62 GE scores in the 7/12 results. Please research when you get a chance.