DCPI season 16 discussion thread

You'll all be pleased (or annoyed) to know that I'm bringing back my DCPI Corps Rankings for Season XVI. Look for the first batch Monday morning (PDT; mid-day on east coast).

thats cool--I enjoy it...I am not sure I am going to continue with the old folks drum corps league and might focus on bring back DCPI Times...I alwasy found it ironic that I only started CLASS ACT because someone complained that we never used DCA...so I start it and they dont join---REALLY?!?!

You'll all be pleased (or annoyed) to know that I'm bringing back my DCPI Corps Rankings for Season XVI. Look for the first batch Monday morning (PDT; mid-day on east coast).

Excellent! Although our World Class corps will be sadly missing from any top 12. Kicking some tails this weekend.

thats cool--I enjoy it...I am not sure I am going to continue with the old folks drum corps league and might focus on bring back DCPI Times...I alwasy found it ironic that I only started CLASS ACT because someone complained that we never used DCA...so I start it and they dont join---REALLY?!?!

Love the DCPI Times!

Love the DCPI Times!

Thank you thank you---I actually enjoy doing it. I think I will just have to set "open print dates" because i cant guarantee hitting any fantasy deadlines these days with all the real ones I have! LOL

I'm unfamiliar with both of these (Corps Rankings & DCPI Times), sounds like fun!

Scores for 6/24 are now up. Due to my busy weekend schedule (Kilties rehearsal and performance each of the next 2 days), it's very likely that scores for Saturday and Sunday won't be posted until Monday, but I'll do my best to get something up.

Meanwhile, here are the weekend's slate of events:

Friday's shows took place at Indian Trail Academy in Kenosha WI, Schroeder HS in Kelso WA and Viscounts' home event in South Leeds UK.

KenoshaWIIndianTrailAcademy3000.jpg

KelsoWASchroederField5000.jpg

LeedsUKSouthLeedsStadium3000.jpg

Today's events will take place at some of the Meccas of drum corps- Allentown PA, Madison WI, Murfreesboro TN, Walnut CA and the "BYBO British Championships" in Sheffield England's Don Valley Stadium:

AllentownPAJBirneyCrumStadium15000.jpg

MadisonWICampRandallStadium2.jpg

MurfreesboroTNFloydStadium30000.jpg

WalnutCAHilmerLodgeStadium16000.jpg

SheffieldUKDonValleyStadium30000.jpg

FB!E Headlines:

"Danse" To The Top! Crimson Lions Take #1 Overall.

A great night in Racine propels corps up 12 spots.

Oostburg Flying High - Support Strong In Racine.

Surprisingly large crowd of Barnstormer fans take short trip south to cheer corps to victory.

Privateers Patch Hull, Still Lose Momentum.

High hopes crash against reef, badly damaged vessel in need of many repairs.

Slow and steady doesn't always win the race. Evident of our start this year. None of the NMP corps had enough of their show on the field to avoid penalties. The 4 sets we had on the field were really clean though. Did some 20 hr days and now i think we are caught up.

Edited by ced3905

Slow and steady doesn't always win the race. Evident of our start this year. None of the NMP corps had enough of their show on the field to avoid penalties. The 4 sets we had on the field were really clean though. Did some 20 hr days and now i think we are caught up.

I was wondering what was going on over there! OUCH!

Scores for 6/25 and 6/26 will be posted shortly.

Sunday's events were contested at Sevierville TN, Scranton PA, Riverside CA and Seattle WA

SeviervilleTNSevierCountyHS5000.jpg

ScrantonPAScrantonMemorialStadium7000.jpg

RiversideCAWheelockStadium2000.jpg

AuburnWAAuburnHS3000.jpg

For today, eastern corps will visit RPI's 2-level stadium in upstate Troy NY before starting the New England portion of their tour.

AlbanyNYRPIStadium6000.jpg

Due to last season's show at Woodward Field causing numerous corps with red uniforms and flags to not be visible on the red turf, this year's Spokane WA event will take place at Central Valley HS.

SpokaneWACentralValleyHS7.jpg

Midwest corps head into the Iowa cornfields with a stop at Kingston Stadium in Cedar Rapids.

CedarRapidsIAKingstonStadium16000.jpg

On the European tour, corps head to the continent and the "jail cell" of Stade de la Lincorne in Amiens, France. With the size of those surrounding walls, corps will have to be very careful about maintaining ensemble balance to avoid reverb.

AmiensFranceStadedelaLicorne12000.jpg