The Saginaw Saloon

lol - no score tonight ! (or tomorrow night)

announcing them at the movies on monday night :-)

ok, I'm totally upset about this. (Thanks corpsband for the info. I think with a big show like tonight with many of the top corps together, they should have had a BIGGER announcement prior to tonight (IMO) explaining to those that aren't in the know.

I'm also highly disappointed that DCI has decided NOT to keep up with their iPhone APP. Wasn't until a couple weeks ago I find out I have to go to their mobile site, and now they want a fan favorite vote?

Guess I'm just too old fashion. Maybe we should just call the old 800 # or wait for Drum Corps World to be published 3weeks after a show like the good old days. :doh:

Oh well, guess I'll just go back to flying.

While I (kind of selfishly) agree with you, I can understand the economics at play here. While the trek between Texas & CA isn't insane, it's still a pretty large chunk of extra mileage for most of DCI. Plus, schools here can get out fairly late (there were some schools still in session mid-last week). Texas seems like a decent compromise to have a neutral field weekend to kick of the season.

But, yeah, please feel free to flood DCI's email with this suggestion: there would be zero complaints from me being able to potentially drive somewhere in my state to see last year's Top 8 kick-off the season! :thumbup:

I call BS. the Cali corps have been coming in here year after year even tho finals are in the Midwest. Yet when a name corps from outside Cali announces they will go to Cali it's as if the 2nd coming had happened.

Now imagine SCV or BD said "hey sorry we aren't coming to Allentown or Atlanta. Too far."

There would be screams for their heads! It would take BD haterade to new levels!

• Like 4

What was the order of the fan favorite votes?

I believe they're having "hanging chad issues"!

• Like 3

I think you (and others) are taking this too seriously. I know this is a frequent occurrence on DCP & the internet in general, but you really don't need to worry about every bit of minutia. How the fan voting ends up laying out really means absolutely nothing: if a ton of homers stuff the ballots to tip the scales in their corps' favor, then so be it: who cares?!

I was on a 5 day course last week and our instructor said minutia alot, a new word for me ;-) He's from Philli. The fans (including Bob Barker lol) were asked to rank like AI, however, there was a full slate of judges, rank, rate, evaluate. I'm Canadian and can't go to the movies on Monday. Let me know how things go ;-) Go Drum Corps!

Hey CB, speaking of color, I meant to tell you I like the black accent this year vs the goldish-brown window treatment dealie last year! More better! :thumbup:

Last years worked really well at a distance (which is all that's required ). I didn't really mind them close up (but I understand why some did). When I heard about the black accents/shirt it I didn't think it was gonna work -- but it actually looks pretty good! Can't wait to see all these shows Monday night.

Edited by corpsband

1 Blue Devils 98.900

2 Cavaliers 97.750

3 Bluecoats 96.400

4 Carolina Crown 95.950

5 The Cadets 95.100

6 Phantom Regiment 93.150

7 Santa Clara Vanguard 92.000

8 Blue Stars 91.900

Uh Oh.....someone get Elmo out of the "way back machine" Superman put him in!"

ok, I'm totally upset about this. (Thanks corpsband for the info. I think with a big show like tonight with many of the top corps together, they should have had a BIGGER announcement prior to tonight (IMO) explaining to those that aren't in the know.

I'm also highly disappointed that DCI has decided NOT to keep up with their iPhone APP. Wasn't until a couple weeks ago I find out I have to go to their mobile site, and now they want a fan favorite vote?

Guess I'm just too old fashion. Maybe we should just call the old 800 # or wait for Drum Corps World to be published 3weeks after a show like the good old days. :doh:

Oh well, guess I'll just go back to flying.

Runway #6 clear for take off, Capt' Sluggo. Bon Voyage !