Saginaw, TX

It does effect them the same way (well mostly; corps use different instrument makers, so there may be some SLIGHT deviations). The difference is how they (the staff and the members) deal with the heat / pitch changes. Also, corps that go on earlier generally have hotter weather while corps that go on later have more optimal conditions.

Yep!

I think the fact that some corps are using synths only amplifies this problem.

Synth stays the same.

Keyboards go flat.

Brass goes sharp.

It can be a bear.

Yep!

I think the fact that some corps are using synths only amplifies this problem.

Synth stays the same.

Keyboards go flat.

Brass goes sharp.

It can be a bear.

VERY true. I heard a corps run through recently on youtube where it was painful to hear.

Edited by roosevelt

"Final observation and a message to the drum corps staff. Several thousand people paid for the priviledge to see your corps. Can you have a little more respect of the crowd as you race up the steps and shove your way to spots to see your corps? Haven't you already seen it several times?? We had the unfortunate luck of having seats at the top of the aisle that the staff used as a step to get to the standing area under the press box. What a PITA between every corps....closing vent now."

I agree that the staff can be VERY distracting as the same with fans walking in and out during shows. But, though they have seen the production a million times by now. They need to get into see the show so they know what is working and what is not, also when they listen to the judges comments they will have the knowledge of what they judges are talking about. SO when they go into critiques the next night some of that can be discussed. So, though it can be annoying and maybe they should be more mindful of the crowd, its important for them to get the view so they can help the corps progress throughout the season

• Like 1