Vanguard Cadets 2011

Best of Luck SCVC!!! You all are THE BEST!!! Show 'em how it's done in Michigan City!!! :thumbup:

Congratulations to Vanguard Cadets on their fantastic finals performance. I thought the show was beautiful and full of emotion. I really thought the way you carried yourself off the field was very classy. Vanguard all the way. The weeks not over... 2 shows to go. I won't be surprised if some placement changes occur...

Good night Santa Clara.

DCI week wrap up

First, You trully demonstrated all the qualities of Vanguard both off and on the field the entire season. Especially in Michigan City when you were awarded 3rd place. I loved how the horn line stayed at parade rest to receive their medals, lined up and marched off the field. Thats how a true champion behaves on the field... I'll just leave it at that.

Lucas Oil ... SCVC rocked the house!!!

The kids came onto the field with an intense fire. As they set the field an enormous roar "GO SANTA CLARA"!!! came from the mini SCVC block in the stands. After talking to the members after the show we learned that the yell was very loud and pumped the members even more.

The corps was introduced and performed yet another stellar performance. The opening chart was loud and energetic and the stands reacted nicely. The drum feature was really well received and fans in the stands kept commenting on all the visuals the corps was doing. My favorite is the ending poses when the brass flip the planks over and Balance themselves on the legs of the planks. The corps then.played my favorite piece the ballet. It was warm and full of emotion and the final release of the last chord from the hornline echoed the stadium like church bells. A beautiful and classic SCV moment. Like the opener, the closer brought it all together and gave it one last push with a new good old drum corps ending that comes across loud and in your face... Electric!!!! What a great performance. Out of the 40 corps performing mixed with Open Class and World Class the corps placed 24th. Edging out 2 World Class corps Pioneer and Jersey Surf and advanced onto the next round of Quarter Finals where they edged out one more World Class Corps, The Cascades and placing 23rd.

As an alumni and parent I couldnt be more proud of the corps. What a great season. I'm already excited on what next year will bring.

Job well done SCVC!!!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...