New year, New theme

Yeah you nailed it and who knows, this may become the "great debate". I'm full of these ideas and at times they seem random and off the wall, just excuse me.

BUT I have one more thought,

WHAT IF DCI allowed the Alumni corps to compete with the junior corps? The age out rule will still apply for the junior corps, but in order for the alumni corps to compete with the junior corps they will have to be scored on the same criteria, but have to score over a certain limit to qualify for the junior corps competition. Do you think the CorpsVets can knock of The Madison Scouts? . . I don't know!!!

I taught/ teach both....not a chance hehehehehe ....dont mean teach those 2 corps just Jr and all age...which is what I think you meant not alumni corps

Edited by GUARDLING

I taught/ teach both....not a chance hehehehehe

Yeah, I know that is right. . but don't count the old timers out just yet. within a year or two they will be allowed to use breathing machines!

:tongue:

[This post was just me rambling about something that no one can relate to, carry on]

Edited by Stryfe

[This post was just me rambling about something that no one can relate to, carry on]

In a way, but I was asking more of your opinion on the topic !!

Edited by gear48

Right, I see where you are all coming from.

I wouldn't consider that a constraint, but more of a challenge to the corps to out perform the 12 other corps that are playing the same theme! I'm pretty sure we have witnessed multiple corps playing the same show during the same year and neither corps got the same results. I think it will be a challenge to the design teams and staff(s) to come up with the show that stands out from the others. Just think of it; Blue Devils, Phantom, and Cavaliers playing the same show, each of those corps has a different style; BD in your face, Cavies all over the place, and PR with the epicness. There is no way the 12 corps will look or even sound the same.

Mandating that each individual corps utilize certain criteria for designing their show is certainly a constraint. If it limits the diversity of shows presented, it is a constraint. Yes, each individual unit would approach the same thematic ideas in a different way; that's where the creativity would be interesting to see. But the situation you just described IS definitely a constraint.

IN A SIMILAR VEIN:

It was payback time, apparently; time to settle the score, level the playing field: designer vs. the Internet.

Expressing frustration that audience members and ... watchers did not let the work proceed at its own pace or free from criticism, constructive or otherwise: "Twitter and Facebook and blogging just trump you. It's very hard to create. It's incredibly difficult to be under a shot glass and a microscope like that."

"When you're trying to create new work, and you're trying to break new ground and experiment, which seems an incredibly crazy thing to do in (this) environment, the immediate answers that audiences give are never going to be good."

"It's just in the nature of things that when you're doing something very new, audiences don't know how necessarily to talk about it immediately. Which in my world, and in your world, is a good thing. You want people to absorb, they should be entertained, they should have a great time, but they should also be stimulated enough that when they go home or talk to their kids, they are actually digesting, thinking, talking about it."

George Hopkins? David Gibbs, perhaps? Certainly no one from the mute Carolina Crown camp. Madison? Would anyone from Madison take on the "Internets"?

Nope. It was none of them. But it might have been, yes?

Here's who slammed criticism of their now-thwarted creative process.

Yeah, I know that is right. . but don't count the old timers out just yet. within a year or two they will be allowed to use breathing machines!

:tongue:

You talking All Age or Alumni type? :devil: