Will the streak continue?

126 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Blue Devils win both shows in TX?

2. 2. If not, who would have beaten them?

• The Cavaliers
    • Bluecoats
    • Carolina Crown
    • The Cadets
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Blue Stars

Topic says it all. What do you think?

Personally, I voted that they were beaten by The Cavaliers, due to what I've heard and seen. But that's just my opinion. What's yours?

Cavaliers all the way! If not the Cavies then the Cadets!

This post feels like that moment in the movie "Airplane" where everyone lines up to slap that girl having a panic attack. Except this time is the Blue Devils. Sheesh. Might as well call it "Who wants see the Blue Devils to fail?" poll.

• Like 2

This post feels like that moment in the movie "Airplane" where everyone lines up to slap that girl having a panic attack. Except this time is the Blue Devils. Sheesh. Might as well call it "Who wants see the Blue Devils to fail?" poll.

Being completely honest,one or two teams having a complete dominance over ANY competitive activity\sport is bad for that sport. Parity is the best thing, when a large number of groups could conceivably compete for a title, and even larger group could compete for a top finish.

• Like 3

Is Blue Devils having a panic attack? That seems out of character for me. I don't think I would be if I was them. Anyway, the poll starter isn't really to blame -- it's just an honest query, and wasn't even stated in a biased way. It's a privilege for BD to have been undeniable champions for so long -- and rightly so. Jumping to play the Victim Card is a bit worrying.

I doubt it, personally. I wasn't there, but it would be moderately unprecedented.

Being completely honest,one or two teams having a complete dominance over ANY competitive activity\sport is bad for that sport. Parity is the best thing, when a large number of groups could conceivably compete for a title, and even larger group could compete for a top finish.

so a team just plain ole better gets to step aside so others can have a trophy?..How about others rise the the challenge.

Drum Corps as well as other judged activities has its ups , downs and darkside for sure and no doubt there can be a doublestandard for some verses another...just look at WGI now thats the world of double standards. BUT , if someone truly deserves to be top dog so be it.

• Like 3

so a team just plain ole better gets to step aside so others can have a trophy?...

Where did i say that? If theyre better in the view of the judges, they'll win, (and the best show does deserve to win) but that doesnt mean its good for the activity for it to happen, and therefore i wont be pulling for it to.

Edited by AlexL
  • Like 1

Pretty early for anything but pure speculation... But, my guess is that any of the top echelon could win. If I had to bet, I would bet on the cavies.

Frankly, I don't have a problem with a dominate team or person in sports or in Drum Corp. Before Tiger's problems, he was good for golf. I would say the same for the LA Lakers... And without the soviet union hockey team, we would not have had the miracle on ice. But, dominance does not last forever, and that is the fun of a winning streak...

• Like 1

Topic says it all. What do you think?

Personally, I voted that they were beaten by The Cavaliers, due to what I've heard and seen. But that's just my opinion. What's yours?

My opinion is only a guess because I wasn't there. And that guess is that not only The Cavaliers beat them, but probably The Cadets as well.

I don't think a corps being dominant for a little bit is either bad or good for DCI.

And where were the complainers when the Cavs won in 2000 (tie), 2001, 2002 and 2004? Oh, and 2006? And then took 2nd in 03 and 05? I didn't hear complaints of a corps being dominant then.

I think the Blue Devils have a decent show this year, I've seen it both nights, and I enjoy it, I just really don't understand what it's about. The props make it even more confusing. But they sound good, I just think the Cavaliers have a total overall package - and it's funny too, because those two shows are the ones I really don't understand...?

Maybe that's what makes a winning show a winning show - a theme that's hard to understand, but when you finally get it, you're like "wow"...kinda how I felt about the Cavs show last summer, although they didn't win. I never did understand the Blue Devils and their mirrors, so I just took it at face value.

The Cadets have too specific a theme, which I think might limit their ability to expand their show...changes will inevitably come, maybe even a new closer, so I think if the Cadets are going to have a shot at the title, they are going to need to expand their show concept, or at least add some things to make it more dimensional.

As far as the Cavs, they still haven't performed the last minute of their show. When they learn it, that should be the final nail in the Blue Devil's threepeat coffin.

But I think it's clear that our top 3 this year will be Cavs, Cadets and Blue Devils - either way it goes, I don't think I care, they are all good. Wish them all the best, but I don't think BD are going to threepeat.