Can SCV Break into the top 5?

Can Vanguard break into the top 5, or even the top 3 with the show that they have this year? I've seen clips and lot videos and from what I can tell they have a top 3 drumline, a terrible brass line, and who knows about the guard (from what I hear the wind was terrible in Texas). I've also heard the design for the show has great potential. I personally think that if the brass pulls it together and SCV makes their famous "late season push" that they will be able to break the top 5. Thoughts?

It'll be tough, given what we're hearing about the current state of the show and the competition. I think BD, Cavies, and Cadets are sure things for the top 5, so the question is, can SCV outdo two of Phantom, Crown, and Bluecoats to make it into the top five? Given their material this year I think they'll have to execute like mad to do so. I don't see any way it can happen, unfortunately.

• Like 1

The brassline REALLY needs to step it up if they want to have any shot at beating any of those corps.

Given, the brass book is incredibly difficult, but still... I'm a little on edge for the future of SCV at this point. :huh2:

Is it really that bad?

It'll be tough, given what we're hearing about the current state of the show and the competition. I think BD, Cavies, and Cadets are sure things for the top 5, so the question is, can SCV outdo two of Phantom, Crown, and Bluecoats to make it into the top five? Given their material this year I think they'll have to execute like mad to do so. I don't see any way it can happen, unfortunately.

They would have to be above the Blue Stars as well.

Let's remember a couple of things- SCV has a lot of local kids from around there area right!? I ask because CA high schools get out way late compared to others.

Secondly they traveling way long distances to cone to Texas and that puts them further behind. On top if that this is a very weak written show. I don't think SCV will compete for the top 5 or 6. I think they'll likely battle with BK, Boston and Madison for 8-11. But things can certainly change!

Wes P

• Like 1