Did DCI inadvertently post the scores?

It's just so funny to watch people freak out about SCV. Guys, it's the first weekend of the season. last year, they came out a week later, without a full show. This year, it's a week earlier, and they put down an entire show. Sure, it's going to be dirty, really dirty, especially with the level of difficulty in that show. It's higher than the difficulty has been the last few years, so it's going to take more work. And yeah, most of the hornline is young, but that really doesn't mean anything. Just give them time, it's the first weekend, not Allentown. If they're still this dirty in Atlanta, then you can worry, but it isn't, so calm down. I still see them ending up in the top 5 range, but I see the potential in this show. :thumbup:

I'm pretty sure the staff and admins know exactly what is best for SCV, not any of us, so I trust them completely to put this show together and make it good.

• Like 1

So if you have not figured it out yet... the scores posted here are correct AVERAGES from both nights. Looks like DCI decided NOT to post the averages and posted each individual show scores instead. Take it however you want.

at least the next group of judges will have 2 shows to choose from to base their slotting on, instead of just one.

• Like 1

Seems obvious to me, but:

(A) If you are upset that you now know the scores early, perhaps you ought not have clicked on this thread?

AND

(B) Is it really that big of a big deal?

YMMV, I guess.

Of course it's a big deal: we have to have some bit of pointless information to proclaim that DCI ruined something! :tongue:

DCI says they're not announcing scores until Monday night, and we get complaints about not knowing the scores immediately. DCI leaks the scores for a moment giving fans the opportunity to see scores sooner, and people complain.

• Like 2