Indianapolis Pit Stop

It's official via DCI:

Madison 69.1

Troop 63.7

Bones 60.9

Pio: 50.9

Yowza - Nice score Madison. Not surprised - I figured with year 2 of Jim Mason on board, they would continue to climb up the ladder.

Troop - good first showing. I think back 10 years and look how far you have come. It's a long road home...and good things happen to those who are patient.

Bones - I was expecting a bit more with Ed Devlin back on visual design. However it is only the first show.

Pioneer - Par for the course. Better Every Day.

• Like 3

that first weekend is throwing all the scores into disarray.

Judges at this show obviously attempting to give scores based off the first 2 shows (compare these numbers to where troopers and crossmen came out last year, first show, for your evidence).

Edited by soccerguy315

Just glad the first show is over and we can get on down that road! :thumbup:

that first weekend is throwing all the scores into disarray.

Judges at this show obviously attempting to give scores based off the first 2 shows (compare these numbers to where troopers and crossmen came out last year, first show, for your evidence).

complete agree with you. Surprised with crossmen score. lets see what happens.

Even after 2 years of corps, I still don't understand most judging and how its done and honestly I don't really care about the scores.

BUT

Are corps rewarded right now for how difficult their shows are more than how clean the show is this early in the season? Or do the judges have to find a balance between difficulty and cleanliness then score off that?

I've seen Madisons show at 3 rehearsals, the last time being Monday not in uniform at IU, and #### that looks like,no IS a difficult show

• Like 1

Even after 2 years of corps, I still don't understand most judging and how its done and honestly I don't really care about the scores.

The raw numbers themselves are pretty meaningless right now. The spreads are far more important. Until all of these corps start competing head-to-head the numbers tend to fluctuate a lot. Always the case early season.