Unread Post Icon Problems

Kyle B

This doesn't always happen, but whenever I click on the first unread post icon next to each discussion or the link itself since it seems to do the same thing, it doesn't always take me to the first post that I haven't read yet. Sometimes it will take me to the top of the last page of discussions and could skip over 20 posts. Not always, as there have been times when I click the Club DCP link and they're 2 more pages after my current position.

Evening Kyle.

I've unsuccessfully tried to recreate what you are describing - any more details, or if you can let us know specifically which thread it happens in the next time, and maybe we can track it down. John D may chime in if he has an idea.

It's happening to me in the Club as well.

Today, I was in the club, and it took me to the last page that I have, 40 posts per page, on Page 4899. On going back to page 4898, there were approximately 4-5 posts that were brand new since the last time I visited.

I haven't been able to re-create the problem either. I'll try to review the support forums for Invision next week when I return from NorCal to see if the issue has been reported by others.

-john

I'm not sure if I've had the same problem using Firefox on my work laptop since I'm not on DCP much here, but at home using Chrome is when I definitely notice it.

Just happened. Went to page 4900 of the Club and skipped over 13 posts from the previous page.

Interesting...I'm having this problem in the club, but, so far, nowhere else

Maybe it's the number of posts? (over 196,000)

I believe I've also encountered this problem in the past, but it just went away on its own

Edited by JMS0527