Mesa, AZ Round "Table"

show line up: Revolution, Blue Knights, Phantom Regiment, Santa Clara Vanguard, The Cadets, The Blue Devils, The Academy. no rain expected. high of 112.

I will be attending the show, so ill be sure to give a full report once i get home.

Excellent thread title. I hope it doesn't get buried in the other Mesa thread. In case it does, I'm documenting it here.

Mesa, AZ Round "Table"

---t

i just want to predict the answer to these questions just for fun...

1) i dont think the heat will affect by much, corps are usually prepared for this.

2) i think all corps will stay in the same place

3) i really want to see the Blue Devils overtake the Cadets, but i think they need a few days of rehearsal before this happens. take a brake (or is it break?) once in a while, you don't need a show everyday.

4) unless the BD takes it, im pretty sure Vanguard will take drums.

5) i'm going to answer this question anyways saying "THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!"

ok lets see how much i get right

I'm hoping Cadets increase the spread, but I don't think that'll happen. I think BD will overtake them, but I also think Cadets will retake the lead at some point in the season (as far as BD is concerned). Now I've watched Cavies' show on FN, and I think Cadets can overtake them. But that's irrelevant right now.

is anyone out there?

I've seen fields top 140, that happened in my corps in 2009 in Oklahoma. We had a black all-weather track around the field, which just made everything worse, but by halfway through ensemble, the track had begun bubbling and melting. THE ACTUAL TRACK WAS MELTING. and we couldn't put our horns down on the field, or they would burn us, and not playing would cause your mouthpiece to heat up enough to burn your lips. So a couple of us euph players took to putting ice in our mouthpieces during water breaks, but that wouldn't even keep them cool for more than a minute. Worst conditions I've ever been in. Made Arizona look cold.

Please let someone be there tonight giving updates. I want to see how Academy can do, and if SCV can catch Phantom, and if Cadets can increase the spread over BD.

• Like 2