Pittsburgh Pub

I just uploaded some photos from last night, so enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pepsimanab/collections/72157627036157822/

From a photography standpoint, I didn't like the staging for a lot of the groups last night. Many of the features and solos (guard/perc/etc) were partially hidden by the front panels, hornline plumes, etc. I expect that when I'm standing on the front sideline, but my seat in the front of the bleachers was probably 15-20 feet from the ground.

• Like 4

I was not responding to you directly, MotorCityPercussion. It was my mistake however that created your understandable confusion. I should have replied directly in my reply to the poster for which my reply was intended for, but chose not to for my own reasons. I am not calling you stupid here, and apologize for my post confusion that you took it to be so.

Which means you're calling.........

I just uploaded some photos from last night, so enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pepsimanab/collections/72157627036157822/

From a photography standpoint, I didn't like the staging for a lot of the groups last night. Many of the features and solos (guard/perc/etc) were partially hidden by the front panels, hornline plumes, etc. I expect that when I'm standing on the front sideline, but my seat in the front of the bleachers was probably 15-20 feet from the ground.

Thanks Pepsiman.

Having not checked any stats my brain wants to tell me that Boston's first score last night is on par with the season seeing as how this is the earliest they have been out in several years. Seems to me they usually come out right after the July 4th weekend.

Edited: Thanks Phil.

Edited by csugrad

I think all of the corps fighting for those 10 - 12 spot have that potential this year... and I am a Spirit of Atlanta alum, but I would love to see a dog fight for those spots.. good drum corps is good drum corps... I support all of them!!!

Absolutely.

Having not checked any stats my brain wants to tell me that Boston's first score last night is on par with the season seeing as how this is the earliest they have been out in several years. Seems to me they usually come out right after the July 4th weekend.

Boston's First shows in the most recent past

2010 - 6/26 - 75.0

2009 - 6/20 - 70.3

2007 - 6/21 - 71.5

2006 - 6/23 - 71.6

The scores are a bit down this year for a lot of Corps compared with last year, even at the top tier of Corps. Boston came out last year around this time. Boston may or may not be as good as last year. Time will tell. Some Corps start slow, finish strong. Some start strong, level off. Boston started out last year strong with a 75, but there have been years when it scored in the 60's yet finished up higher than it did with it's Finals score last year. Looking at scores now is like looking at the major league baseball scores in April. BK beat SCV last year at this time. Boston beat Blue Stars last year at this time by 1.3 points. A couple of years ago, (2007 ) Bluecoats beat BD on July 2nd. But its never where you start. Its where... and how... you finish.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Edited: Thanks Phil.

The average 1st show score for Boston over the past 8 years is 70.981

Boston's First shows in the most recent past

2010 - 6/26 - 75.0

2009 - 6/20 - 70.3

2007 - 6/21 - 71.5

2006 - 6/23 - 71.6

Bluecoats 1st show scores are down a bit too.

2011.... 6/18 68.90

2010.....6/21 73.60

2009.....6/23 74.90

I wouldn't read too much into any of this. Some of these scores are with 5 judge panels, some with 3. Dates are different. I'd look at the spreads between Corps that have had a couple of shows under their belts first too.

Edited by BRASSO