Shows You Love That Have Been Overlooked

I know this is a little similar to the "shows people hate that you love" thread, but I found I don't hate many shows. Instead I found myself thinking about some of the great shows over the years that get overshadowed or forgotten that I love! Whether a show won or didn't make finals, what are some shows that you love that don't get much mention?

Mine:

1988 Blue Devils- went undefeated til finals week and then ended up 3rd.

1988 SCV- am I the only one who thought the 88 version of Phantom was better than 89? I thought the corps sounded better in 88 too!

1990 Blue Devils- Shout out to the man Larry Shane as he was the soloist that owned that year during "Tommy." he had to follow the legendary 89 epic fail soloist, imagine the pressure- Jeez!!! I had 3 2-4 bar solos in the staff in 97 and i was freaking out every night!

1990 Star- people tend to focus on 91 and 93 and for good reason, but 90 was probably my favorite Star show musically! I've always wondered why no one has done The music more since then?

1993- Cadets- Ballet Sacra was one of the finest arranged tunes for any corps ever, just amazing!

1994 Blue Knights- I think most people don't talk about Trittico from 94 and the huge step up in competitive design it was because 95 was such an off year for BK, u get a chance go back and watch 94, great show!!

1997 BD- One of my all time favorite BD shows, A Night in Tunisia was just fantastic that year, wife didn't care for the show but I was blown away by it!

1997 Scouts- Lake Mendota was one of my all time favorite Scouts shows of all time!! Some of the vest use of Guard in characterization I have ever seen!!

1998 SCV- Opening Statement best opening hit of all time, or at least one of them! Great show.

I have more I'll add from 00's but that gets us started:)!

Wes Perkins

BK 97 98

Cadets 2004! I'm madly in love with that show.

And it one of the best guards of the decade.

• Like 1

And:

SCV 1997 (I feel like '98 gets more attention?) and PR 1997 ('96 definitely gets more attention).

1988 SCV- am I the only one who thought the 88 version of Phantom was better than 89? I thought the corps sounded better in 88 too!

Not sure if it was the mic positioning, or the Corps sound itself, but I'm with you... I think '88 SCV Finals performance of " Phantom of the Opera " sounds a bit better than SCV's winning '89 version of " Phantom of the Opera ".... Maybe '89 SCV had a better Percussion, Guard, Visual that gave them that extra edge they needed in '89 to put them over the top... who knows.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Yeah I loved SCV 97 and Phantom 97! Ill never forget my wife and I watching Phantom and thinking "####, I don't think BK will ever beat Phantom in out lifetime!" So it made LaPorte IN so sweet in 98 when we beat them for the first time. That's one of my greatest accomishments because of the respect and love I have for Phantom!!

Wes P

'97 Colts "Blood, Sweat, and Tears" show. God Bless the Child and Spinning Wheel? Ummmm, yes please!

• Like 2

Cadets 2004! I'm madly in love with that show.

And it one of the best guards of the decade.

Absolutely the best guard I saw in that decade. Hands down!