STANFORD!

Incredible brass. Best sound of the night so far, IMO

I think I figured out Phantom's Romeo and Juliet theme tonite.

Its a classic theme brought up to date where Romeo disappears after a fling with Juliet, and Juliet then decides to get married at the end to her work and career.

I think thats it anyway... if not, I don't have a clue on Phantom's portrayal on this theme, other than theres' no blood and nobody dies in the end.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Bad draw for SCV's hornline...going on after Phantom? Forget about it...

As SCV takes the field, I note that they are the sixth World Class corps out of six tonight to have no FOF (Furniture On-Field). And only BDC had FOF among the Open Class corps, and theirs wasn't very intrusive. I know that will come to an end with BD shortly, but I say kudos to the corps for putting out shows that don't need gimmicks. Well done!

• Like 1

Yeah phantoms show is beautiful, but it is so slow pace! Drill just drags!! Good show to listen to just not to watch!!

WP

• Like 1

I respect your opinion! But personally I think Cadets and The Cavaliers are on a different level than BD (at the moment, its BD we are talking about...) They both have GREAT music, great visuals, and they ooze in GE! I think at the least these two corps can tie come finals... but of course its still June, so who knows what might happen! :thumbup:

I agree the Cavies are putting an incredible/clean drill out there. But......the arrangement is just "blah". I really have no interest in listening to the show again. It was that boring. I could watch the Cavies on MUTE for the rest of the year FWIW, and be happy :)

• Like 1

Phantom is so good, yet their show sucks so bad....ughhhh!!! Brass line is sooo powerful, and the drill is not bad. But the arrangement and the flow is horrible. I feel bad for these kids.

I agree with this. They have amazing drill and great sound, but the flow and arrangement [like you said] is just eh