STANFORD!

I think I heard them say at the theater that SCV has Phantom's entire drum staff from last year.

Worth every penny. I wont go as far to say as best ever right now but if they stay with it I can only imagine how this line will be in year 2 or 3 with this staff...

• Like 2

I actually like this show a lot, though it's curious to see some of the choices Weber made re: not really moving the hornline as much as they could have within the sets. There are at least 3 or 4 spots where the horn charts are building in intensity but they're in a static form for extended periods of time. Kinda odd.

When they ARE moving, the focal points are clear and the forms readable more often than not, so they've got that working for them. Cleaned up, it can challenge Bluecoats and Madison (and maybe Crown) in the middle of the pack.

Edited by mobrien

Blue Devils (from corpsreps):

The Beat My Heart Skipped

A House is Not a Home by Bacharach, Burt

Summer of 77 by Bacharach, Burt

Walk on By by Bacharach, Burt

One Less Bell to Answer by Bacharach, Burt

Woman by Bacharach, Burt

I Say a Little Prayer by Bacharach, Burt

Wives and Lovers by Bacharach, Burt

God Gime Me Strength by Bacharach, Burt

Do it up Devils!

If Vanguards hornline can find a little horsepower and emotion before the end of the season they will medal with that show.

LOVED IT!

• Like 1

At the theater, I found all the poles extremely distracting. They spend more time moving them around than actually marching, or so it seems. Seems like the drill was really hurt by being broken up by all the poles and shapes. Hoping that the role of the FOF decreases over time in this show.

I was bored with SCV almost immediately... do not care for concept or music. Drum line is awesome, but it overpowers everything else.

No pro here, just going on entertainment value.

I don't diss dissonance. It has it's place.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1