STANFORD!

The Ott trophy is headed to Concord again, of that I am sure.

As long as we can all agree it's definitely not going to The Cadets

I'm sorry...

He who lives in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones... or was it PVC Houses? I don't remember.

watch the mirrors :tongue:

• Like 2

I have never liked the Blue Devils, but their music this year is exceptional. and the lushness of the orchestration is so nice. it's just a shame the drill is such a wreck. As much as I hate props I think the cubes could have been very effective given another drill design. forget the poles.

Visually, its about a guy at the craps table in Vegas who's been playing for 8 hours and now it's 3am, he's been drinking scotch straight up, and he looks down and sees his dice has multiplied in numbers and it's translucent and with holes on all sides.

But like BD, he keeps on playing as he's sure he's got a winner as he throws the dice.

Wow!! How in the world did you figure that out? I wasn't ever going to get that. And what's the relationship to the theme of a heart skipping a beat?

You guys know a lot more about this stuff than me, but I cannot ever remember hearing a better brass line this early in the season. This show is going to be a monster, and those who are counting them out (wait til the closer and God Give me Strength are in) may yet live to eat some of those sentences. To tell you the truth, since my son was playing T-Ball I have always been someone who lived and died a little bit inside with winning and losing. Hearing all the chatter about 5th place finishes for BD here made me a bit nervous- but now thinking about it, I just don't care. This show will go down as many people's favorite show ever- who cares if they win or not? The Boston "Red" show, the Crown "Angel" show, and on and on are all historic shows and listens for me. God, what a wonderful summer it's going to be for my kid.

Oh, and I think the Phantom ballad may become my favorite moment of the summer- so classically beautiful and elegant.

Edited by dapperpoet
  • Like 1

Visually, its about a guy at the craps table in Vegas who's been playing for 8 hours and now it's 3am, he's been drinking scotch straight up, and he looks down and sees his dice has multiplied in numbers and it's translucent and with holes on all sides.

But like BD, he keeps on playing as he's sure he's got a winner as he hums snippets of songs and then throws the dice.

wow. I've been in that position and never saw that :tongue:

• Like 2

Oh, and I think the Phantom ballad may become my favorite moment of the summer- so classically beautiful and elegant.

Which ballad? The 1st, 2nd or 3rd one?

• Like 2

I don't listen much to judges. If I did, Cadets '93 would be a champion.

I see what you did there. :tongue: