STANFORD!

I've been looking and I haven't seen it until last night. It's not under where it should be. Go to the "on the field" tab, and look to the right side. Click "watch live", and you'll be able to scroll through the entire "live" webcast. I'm surprised it's still like this.

EDIT: Actually, you don't need to do anything. Just log in, and look to the right of the Fan Network. There it is. Whoop.

it won't let me watch it. it says i need to upgrade my subscription, i have teh cheap 50 buck one... last year we got to watch the live shows the next day on demand, just wondering

it won't let me watch it. it says i need to upgrade my subscription, i have teh cheap 50 buck one... last year we got to watch the live shows the next day on demand, just wondering

me to. i have the cheap subscription and can not view it. anyone know what the problem may be?

If I remember correctly, this year Fan Network added this 'buffer' option automatically to all live feeds: if there is an internet glitch, technical difficulty in the live feed department, or you just don't get home in time to see the feed, you can still watch the "live stream." It's a pretty cool feature, and I imagine is a reason why the FN prices went up a bit this year. I had actually forgotten about it until you mentioned it (I missed most of Blue Knights during the live stream because I got busy doing other things around the condo at the time).

If you don't have the "live stream" type of subscription, I imagine that you won't be able to watch it until it is converted to VoD.

If I remember correctly, this year Fan Network added this 'buffer' option automatically to all live feeds: if there is an internet glitch, technical difficulty in the live feed department, or you just don't get home in time to see the feed, you can still watch the "live stream." It's a pretty cool feature, and I imagine is a reason why the FN prices went up a bit this year. I had actually forgotten about it until you mentioned it (I missed most of Blue Knights during the live stream because I got busy doing other things around the condo at the time).

If you don't have the "live stream" type of subscription, I imagine that you won't be able to watch it until it is converted to VoD.

yeah, that's the thing, i'm just wondering when it will be converted to VoD. last year it was always the next day if i remember correctly. I'm not complaining, just wondering

me to. i have the cheap subscription and can not view it. anyone know what the problem may be?

Nothing now. They just got posted.

The "basic" subscription covers Video-on-demand, but not "live". While it's not exactly true-live on the dvr'd live portion, that's the $79 sub. The more high-def the videos get (stanford's source is 1080i, but knocked down to 720), the longer it takes to get this good video posted.

Just to recap what happens this year:

The live show is live - $79 sub.

We take 24-72h to post VOD - $49 sub

We take down the live DVR after 72h - PPV no longer has access at that point.

Clear as mud? :)

Enjoy the 2011 DCI West!

yeah, that's the thing, i'm just wondering when it will be converted to VoD. last year it was always the next day if i remember correctly. I'm not complaining, just wondering

Yep - VoD is a 24-72h process. The only time that would change is if we had a failure with the DVR feed, and we'd then go as immediate as possible.

Ooohhhh I get ya now. Makes sense because that was technically a "live webcast" even though it was 2 to 3 days old. It's up on demand now anyway, so you can watch that now.

• 2 weeks later...