STANFORD!

They serve a purpose. Distract simple minded, obtuse fans from seeing that they aren't marching.

Wow. You are certainly full of yourself. Since you can see the true difficulty of BD's marching that makes you an intelligent, forward thinking fan. I seriouslu dislike arrogant comments like yours. WTH are you to criticize the intelligence of fans? Typical internet punk.

• Like 2

Another show I've been listening to since the Devils released that preseason recording. I don't watch drum corps after the season, love this show. Can it win? probably not, but who cares :music:

The Blue Devils care……of this I am certain.

BD

Nice sound, enjoyed the music.

What pisses me off about this show is what's ###### me off about BD for the past few years. The design team has come up with a formula where they deliberately limit simultaneous demand. If you compare what BD does to say Cadets or Vanguard, they design their show so that rarely does the hornline need to play and do any difficult marching at the same time. 20 seconds of beautiful horn playing while standing still, followed by 20 seconds of marching while the percussion takes over, rinse, repeat. For cryin' out loud you have some of the most talented kids in the activity, you should be stretching them to the limit not watering down the simultaneous demand.

• Like 5

Wow. You are certainly full of yourself. Since you can see the true difficulty of BD's marching that makes you an intelligent, forward thinking fan. I seriouslu dislike arrogant comments like yours. WTH are you to criticize the intelligence of fans? Typical internet punk.

I'm sorry...

He who lives in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones... or was it PVC Houses? I don't remember.

• Like 1

so...whats the meaning with the props? Extreme Home Makeover?

musically i dig it. visually it makes no sense

Visually, its about a guy at the craps table in Vegas who's been playing for 8 hours and now it's 3am, he's been drinking scotch straight up, and he looks down and sees his dice has multiplied in size and numbers and it's translucent and with holes on all sides.

But like BD, he keeps on playing as he's sure he's got a winner as he hums snippets of songs and then throws the dice.

Edited by BRASSO

BD

Nice sound, enjoyed the music.

What pisses me off about this show is what's ###### me off about BD for the past few years. The design team has come up with a formula where they deliberately limit simultaneous demand. If you compare what BD does to say Cadets or Vanguard, they design their show so that rarely does the hornline need to play and do any difficult marching at the same time. 20 seconds of beautiful horn playing while standing still, followed by 20 seconds of marching while the percussion takes over, rinse, repeat. For cryin' out loud you have some of the most talented kids in the activity, you should be stretching them to the limit not watering down the simultaneous demand.

welllllll......kinda.

Speed is A demand. Not the end all be all of demand. and While far from a BD honk the last few years, BD added all kinds of other demands. See the sheets don't say you have to beat someone over the head with those demands, just show you can master tham and move on. BD did. Thats the one thing I gave them applause for. Now, would I like to see more movement? Sure. But the sheets dont require all movement all the time, and as such, BD designs for them.

my thoughts this year still hold...the props make no sense, and while it seems BD is trying to reach out to the fans musically, visually, well, no.