Newsflash: Velvet Knights Alumni Corps is open to all!

BigDale

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a member (sop/screamer) that's also a truck driver too. With his schedule I'm amazed that he can fit us in whenever he can. Love that you're playing still.

Just heard a funny story from a VK alumni that once got pulled over fir DWD (driving while drumming), so be careful! :bigsmile:

Ahhhh....You got John McCoy! Excellent!

And the Vegas members would be Garry Parker and Geoff, correct?

Hmmm...you tempt me.....especially since it was with VK that I first held a soprano (for one day in 84, before I tried out for BD)

Ahhhh....You got John McCoy! Excellent!

And the Vegas members would be Garry Parker and Geoff, correct?

Hmmm...you tempt me.....especially since it was with VK that I first held a soprano (for one day in 84, before I tried out for BD)

John McCoy comes to rehearsal when he's not busy with Dream.

We have Garry Parker (drums) and Gary Lima (baritone) from Vegas.

John McCoy comes to rehearsal when he's not busy with Dream.

We have Garry Parker (drums) and Gary Lima (baritone) from Vegas.

Lima is a mellophone! lol

Via Peggy White on the Alumni Picnic Potluck 7/2 :

Here's what we have so far: Meatballs, Teriyaki Chicken Wings, Ham & Potato Casserole, Chorizo, egg, potato dish, chicken salad, lasagna, chicken, coleslaw, potato salad, mandarin orange salad, spinach salad, pasta primavera, chocolate chip cookies, chips, homemade salsa and guacamole. Sodas will be provided...keep it coming, more food!!! Thanks to the people that have signed up so far!

Via Peggy White on the Alumni Picnic Potluck 7/2 :

Here's what we have so far: Meatballs, Teriyaki Chicken Wings, Ham & Potato Casserole, Chorizo, egg, potato dish, chicken salad, lasagna, chicken, coleslaw, potato salad, mandarin orange salad, spinach salad, pasta primavera, chocolate chip cookies, chips, homemade salsa and guacamole. Sodas will be provided...keep it coming, more food!!! Thanks to the people that have signed up so far!

lol Is this recruiting tactics, Dale?

Peggy forgot my chicken-something-whatever-I'm-going-to make dish. :satisfied:

Just an FYI ... VK is having a potluck picnic at the Walnut/MSAC show this Saturday. If you'd like to attend and need directions, message me and I'll send you the info.

Will this corps be making the trip to Rochester this year? Though I won't be able to see the Alumni Spectacular I would LOVE to see a VK Alumni corps, even if it was on video. I'm sure many others would also delight in seeing them in person.

VK Alumni Picnic is gonna be a fun-delicious time!

Just got 3 more confirmed players for the VK Alumni Picnic performance! And a new girl mello player joined us last Sunday! She's getting the uniform and music 'stat' to play with us this Saturday!

We're also planning a beach party soon. (It's a looong summer)

Edited by Snaredrum9

Come on down folks!

VK Beach Blanket Bingo Bonfire Party happening real soon!!

Plus...if you play a musical instrument or can spin and toss something fairly well, that'll be a bonus! thumbup.gif