Atlanta Questions

A friend and I are going to Murfreesboro and Atlanta. I am debating on getting tickets to Atlanta or just walking the lot. I have never walked the lot in Atlanta and not sure how difficult it is walking from hornline to hornline. Do they typically warmup in the same warmup areas or do they walk off somewhere? I want to maximize my lot experience... any suggestions on tickets or lot?

also, any idea who's doing the encore in atlanta?****

thanks

if you are going to atlanta, i would reccommend going to see the show with good seats. Atlanta contest is a time of year where the corps are at their best, and that is a real treat to see. If it were a smaller contest like Saginaw, then I would walk the lots, but for Atlanta, get good seats. :)

• Like 1

I will see the show in Murfreesboro the day before. Most of the "good seats" for Atlanta seem to already be gone from what I saw on ticketmaster. There are tickets on the very front row near the 50 and thats probably what I would buy if I got tickets.

Yes, but not nearly all of the corps will be at Murfreesboro. If you only see those corps at Murfreesboro, you will miss out on some of the most entertaining shows this season, so don't short-change yourself. Get those front-row seats and let them peel the skin off your face. :smile:

• Like 1

Don't forget that they will be playing in a dome in Atlanta - that echoes a LOT. Walking the lots in Atlanta, well, I'm not sure but this place is in the downtown area and they will be warming up in spread-out areas within a square half-mile or so...I think you would really have to walk around and search hard to find where corps are warming up at.

Don't forget that they will be playing in a dome in Atlanta - that echoes a LOT. Walking the lots in Atlanta, well, I'm not sure but this place is in the downtown area and they will be warming up in spread-out areas within a square half-mile or so...I think you would really have to walk around and search hard to find where corps are warming up at.

Considering it's a dome, I'd imagine they'd all warm up right in the parking lot. No need to hoof it to get away from the stadium.

The warm-up area in Atlanta is indeed at the bus marshaling lot, however, it's a pretty big hike from the stadium. For the corps themselves, it's easily a 10-15 minute walk and that's to the corps entrance under the dome. It is *substantially* farther for anyone using from the spectator entrances.

The Georgia Dome in Atlanta isn't like most major venues that is alone out in a field of parking lots. It's part of the convention center and restaurant/mall area, which means the parking lots are not close. The dome is on the south end, and the parking lot used for war-up is far to the north. If you use Google Maps and search for the Georgia Dome, you'll see what I mean.

The area used for corps warm-up is located the section of lot west of Gray Street NW and just south of John Street NW, with bus parking east of Gray Street and North of Bush Street. Security limits access to the loading dock road (that splits the convention center building in half), so any non-corps personnel will have to walk all the way around the est or east sides of the Dome/Congress Center.

Once you factor in the sometimes extreme weather conditions, I don't recommend "walking the lot" at this show.

Additionally, the sound in the Georgia Dome is really excellent, by far the best of any dome DCI performs in. It's got very comfortable seats and the beer's cold. If you insist on watching warm-ups, leave that for Murfreesboro.

Edited by Kamarag

Bro you HAVE to watch the show at Atlanta! The acoustics are greater than LOS and its only a week before Finals so its top notch. You could find minimum 45 yard seats right now so buy em soon. Oh and like someone said its not worth the walk between warm ups and the dome. I know some of this has been said, but im just reinforcing :)