Atlanta Questions

I just bought tickets for Atlanta today and have seats on the 40, about 25 rows up. Also, CALL Ticketmaster. Because it's DCI, Row 1 of the lower section is actually the top row in the section. Example - Row 38 (I think) is actually row 1.

Last year I waited to long to buy tickets online, so instead the day we flew down, which was the Friday the day before. We went to the ticket box office at the Georgia Dome and got great seats in the Club Section center.

We have attended the Atlanta show for several years. We have found that the easiest and best way is to drive your car to one of the MARTA stations that has free parking. Then ride MARTA to the Dome. Parking at the DOME can be a problem. By taking MARTA you only pay for the MARTA ticket (which is cheap) and you are the first one out of the area.

Check out the MARTA site online and look for stations with parking. Not all stations have parking. Then pick your hotel near the station. We tried getting a room downtown and found it WAY OVER PRICED! By using MARTA you can stay almost anywhere in the area.

Good Luck

I did the Murfreesboro-Atlanta combo road trip 2 years ago. One thing to also keep in mind is the time change- Murf, TN is 1 hour earlier than Atlanta, GA (EST). So we left the Murfreesboro show at about 11:30 and made the 3 hour 45 minute drive to Atlanta, getting in at 3am (Murfreesboro time), which was actually 4am Atlanta time. :doh: Only to wake up for the big show the next morning. Just letting you know so you can plan accordingly!

Last year, I had a ticket for the show but walked the warmup lot too. The buses are in the elevated lot to the East, and pretty much all of the corps warm up in the lower lot next to it, North of the Congress center. It's a little bit of a walk to the dome from there (15 minutes as others have said), but it's an easy one and many people are making the hike because they're also watching warmups then proceeding to the show.

I found the warmup situation to pretty easy. For example, after watching Boston Crusaders do movement warmup, I could see Phantom stretching across the way. From there, SCV was un-mistakeable on the other side of the lot. As they were doing there thing, Cadets and Cavies were setting up next to each other not too far away.

Just food for thought. . .

We are also doing the Murfreesboro/Atlanta combo. Will be watching the show and not the lots. I would rather see the actual performance than just the warm-ups... but i'm a hornline guy, so its probably different for a drum guy.

The later start time for the Atlanta show really helps this. Back when it was a 2 show day the noon and 8pm shows was rough. But since the show is at 2:30 we dont have to get up at the butt crack of dawn to leave Murfreesboro.

We are looking to stay downtown then just walk to the stadium.

We have attended the Atlanta show for several years. We have found that the easiest and best way is to drive your car to one of the MARTA stations that has free parking. Then ride MARTA to the Dome. Parking at the DOME can be a problem. By taking MARTA you only pay for the MARTA ticket (which is cheap) and you are the first one out of the area.

Check out the MARTA site online and look for stations with parking. Not all stations have parking. Then pick your hotel near the station. We tried getting a room downtown and found it WAY OVER PRICED! By using MARTA you can stay almost anywhere in the area.

Good Luck

Was Caps necessary :p haha?

My recommendation:

1 - Stay inside. It's too darned hot and humid in July to be outside for long. Thus, the dome show.

2 - Buy your tickets higher in the dome. The reverb is murder in the lower deck, almost non-existent in the middle deck and minimal in the top half of the upper deck. The sound is best in the middle deck, but I was surprised how good it was in the upper deck last year

3 - In the upper deck, you can generally move toward the center and grab open seats until some time around 7th place. Go to your assigned seating first to avoid the seating police.

4 - Avoid the top 10 rows of the bottom deck if you have to sit in that deck. The chatter from the concession stands is pretty loud and messes up any sound below forte

5 - Buy your tickets in person from a ticketmaster outlet (Publix, Kroger, for instance) or go directly to the Dome ticket office. They will actually take the time to look at what seats are available and you'll end up much better off. The online ticketmaster will always put you too close to the field (it thinks football and rock concerts when picking "best available") and I've found the phone reps at ticketmaster seem to only have access to the equivalent of the online option.

Edited by troopers1

I just bought tickets for Atlanta today and have seats on the 40, about 25 rows up. Also, CALL Ticketmaster. Because it's DCI, Row 1 of the lower section is actually the top row in the section. Example - Row 38 (I think) is actually row 1.

Wait, what? :blink: