Freelancers Alumni sighting....

Kaboom

Sorry to admit it but I am a Freelancers junkie. I've always loved this corps especally the drumlines they have put out over the years.

I was fortunate to get into DCI West Stanford show early (The ticket booth was horrible; more people standing in line than in the stadium). I am glad because the Freelancers Alumni did standstill preshow entertainment. AND THEY WERE AWESOME. 40 horns strong. Unfortunately, all they had was a set drummer, not the full battery that I have been familiar with. Nice sound with playing their old charts, including Bellavia, my favorite.

The big buzz is their trip to DCA championships this year as a minicorps and alumni corps. I think they will be a strong contender. Looking forward to the day when I can see them suit up on the field and bring even more competetion on the west coast with Renegades and SoCal Dream; maybe reincarnate a dci world class corps.

Congratulations to them and hoping to a bright future.

Kaboom!

• Like 1

Yay for the Freelancers Alumni!!! Would love to participate, but live way too far away. :sad: Hope to get to see you in Rochester!!

YES - Freelancers Alumni are on the DCI Fan Network:

http://bcove.me/jstw6rma

Edited by KCWolfPck

Yay for the Freelancers Alumni!!! Would love to participate, but live way too far away. :sad: Hope to get to see you in Rochester!!

YES - Freelancers Alumni are on the DCI Fan Network:

http://bcove.me/jstw6rma

I know quite a few people who are waiting and watching to see what develops with the Freelancers or any All Age corps in the Sacramento area. If a competitive All Age corps were to be announced I think a membership drive would be very successful.

There are a lot of ex-drum corps people living in the valley and around the Sacramento area that either can't afford to drive all the way into the Bay Area for rehearsals or simply won't do it because of the traffic. If something locally were to become available it could be enough to get them involved.

• Like 1

I know quite a few people who are waiting and watching to see what develops with the Freelancers or any All Age corps in the Sacramento area. If a competitive All Age corps were to be announced I think a membership drive would be very successful.

There are a lot of ex-drum corps people living in the valley and around the Sacramento area that either can't afford to drive all the way into the Bay Area for rehearsals or simply won't do it because of the traffic. If something locally were to become available it could be enough to get them involved.

Back when I marched Freelancers, A LOT of our membership was from SoCal. They bussed them up for camps. In fact, we had a lot of camps far south of Sac to accommodate.

http://www.freelancers-alumni.org/

we currently have a large NorCal and SoCal contingent and hold local rehearsals in Sacramento and Simi Valley and once a month we have a "camp" in central California. Those camps are typically a 6 hour block on a Saturday and we all carpool together. It makes for a long Saturday but it is lots of fun and we get a lot done. Get on the forum, drop us an email, and come on out to a rehearsal.

Sorry to admit it but I am a Freelancers junkie. I've always loved this corps especally the drumlines they have put out over the years.

I was fortunate to get into DCI West Stanford show early (The ticket booth was horrible; more people standing in line than in the stadium). I am glad because the Freelancers Alumni did standstill preshow entertainment. AND THEY WERE AWESOME. 40 horns strong. Unfortunately, all they had was a set drummer, not the full battery that I have been familiar with. Nice sound with playing their old charts, including Bellavia, my favorite.

The big buzz is their trip to DCA championships this year as a minicorps and alumni corps. I think they will be a strong contender. Looking forward to the day when I can see them suit up on the field and bring even more competetion on the west coast with Renegades and SoCal Dream; maybe reincarnate a dci world class corps.

Congratulations to them and hoping to a bright future.

Kaboom!

Yes, it would awesome to see the Freelancers suit up again and hit the field!

can't wait to see Freelancers here in Ra-cha-cha! Let me know if you need any help with logistics, airport runs, etc.

• 1 month later...

Well OK then !!!

Let me make a formal announcement:

Let it be known that the Freelancers Alumni Drum and Bugle Corps is here to stay and is actively recruiting Color Guard, Drums and Horns. To any and all who would like to participate in our style of Drum and Bugle Corps, go to our web site and get to rehearsal !!!

On top of participating in DCA and DCI events we also perform community service performances throughout the year such as, Wounded Warrior events, Welcome Troops Home, Memorial Services, Annual special events, Christmas Parades etc, etc...

Don't wait to see what happens, it's happening RIGHT NOW !!! We even have events lined up the week after DCA ! Were busy and in demand.

Come on out and enjoy the fun, the music and the life long friendships that make this activity so special to us all.

Edited by FreelancerAlumni

Well OK then !!!

Let me make a formal announcement:

Let it be known that the Freelancers Alumni Drum and Bugle Corps is here to stay and is actively recruiting Color Guard, Drums and Horns. To any and all who would like to participate in our style of Drum and Bugle Corps, go to our web site and get to rehearsal !!!

On top of participating in DCA and DCI events we also perform community service performances throughout the year such as, Wounded Warrior events, Welcome Troops Home, Memorial Services, Annual special events, Christmas Parades etc, etc...

Don't wait to see what happens, it's happening RIGHT NOW !!! We even have events lined up the week after DCA ! Were busy and in demand.

Come on out and enjoy the fun, the music and the life long friendships that make this activity so special to us all.

http://www.freelancers.org/

Edited by rwrice

I think it's great that for the first time, a West Coast alumni corps will be taking part in the DCA alumni show.

Bring on the Freelancers!!! :thumbup:

• Like 1