The scrap for 12th... and perhaps 11th place

That can only be good for drum corps. More and more corps seem to be able to raise the level of their programs. I long for the day when all 12 finalists score 90 or better. And I think it has only happened twice where 9 corps scored 90 or better. 10 have never done it, neither has 11. I don't think it will happen this year, but it would be nice to see it happen.

It's not likely to happen ( 12 corps above 90) because of numbers management. There have been quite a few years where the quality was high, but what ends up happening is that the top corps end up with record high scores, yet the lower placing finals corps still just miss 90.

:rock:

Here we go again...

:doh:

I think we should bring up Jim Mason!:):):) hahaha Jk. In reality I feel Madison has pulled away for now but will peak too soon! I think they'll be somewhere 7-10 by finals! Someone also live scores as a comparison but realize Academy doesn't have a show til the 1st, and BK has not had a scoring show since Stockton 3-4 days ago! Do not be surprised if BKs score jumps into the 75+ range tomorrow!!

Wes P

• Like 2

I agree that the fight fir 12th is going to be epic. I think you'll see Troopers, Colts, Academy, Spirit and Glassmen fight it out for 12th through mid July and then IMO I think Spirit, Troopers and Academy will push ahead and fight for finals til the end of the season. I see Boston as solid 11th this year as BK has been the past few seasons, and unless SCVs brass gets way better, I see a dog fight for 7-10 with BK, SCV, Madison and Blue Stars! Right now B Stars and Madison are cleaner than SCV or BK. But, SCVs show has great vis difficulty as does BK so it's gonna be fun to watch!!

Wes P

It's time you take The Madison Scouts of you list of "WHAT EVER." Scouts are not a part of your Blue Knights battles with the top 12 world.. Scouts are on par with BlueCoats and Hanging out with Crown.. Scouts Past Blue Stars and Boston by 4. points..

It's time you stop holding your Blue Knights Mirror up to the Scouts... Because, Scouts have left the building and moved to a higher calling.

:music:

• Like 2

I agree the battle for 10-12 is is one of the most intriguing of the season.

I'm actually of the opinion that the battle among the corps in the 10-16 range is the most intriquing EVERY season.

That said, I believe that the early results suggest that it's going to be more down to the wire this year than ever before. I would not mind seeing something we've never experienced before..... a tie for 12th place on Friday night.

• Like 3

It's time you take The Madison Scouts of you list of "WHAT EVER." Scouts are not a part of your Blue Knights battles with the top 12 world.. Scouts are on par with BlueCoats and Hanging out with Crown.. Scouts Past Blue Stars and Boston by 4. points..

It's time you stop holding your Blue Knights Mirror up to the Scouts... Because, Scouts have left the building and moved to a higher calling.

This is exactly why some Scouts fans are considered "insufferable". One would think fans would want to wait until there is proof behind the hype (proof doesn't happen until sometime in July btw) before becoming so condescending.

• Like 5

LOL.

You haven't been this bad in a while. tongue.gif

Let's wait until Mid-July before we get that excited! thumbup.gif

I want to see what changes they put in and how they tweak the show before jinxing them.

Man, in the words of Bear Bryant, "act like you've been there before", because you have.

I was under the impression that they were 3 points behind crown at their last show together...

• Like 1

This is exactly why some Scouts fans are considered "insufferable". One would think fans would want to wait until there is proof behind the hype (proof doesn't happen until sometime in July btw) before becoming so condescending.

Agreed...especially since the Performance/Field captions don't come on line til next week....right now, 30% (not including guard) is not being judged. I congratulate Madison on their great improvement over the last couple seasons, but we can keep our opinions civil, I would think.

• Like 1