Massillon, OH Show Thread

DCI Massillon (Pro Football Hall of Fame)  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Bluecoats / SCV -- who you got?

• Bluecoats baby!!! Is there any other way?
    • It's staircase madness! Eureeeeeeeeeeeeeeka!!!

Weather Radar: NWS Composite Loop

Bluecoats Practice and Show Score Announcements: USTREAM channel

(note: I will announce on this thread once I am starting to broadcast. Tentative times: 2:45-4:15pm EDT for Bluecoats ensemble practice at Green High School, and 9:30 EDT for score announcements)

Got my tickets, 50 yard line 10 rows up!! Can't wait :)

Bluecoats - Canton, OH

Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

The Cadets - Allentown, PA

Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA

Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA

Blue Knights - Denver, CO

Troopers - Casper, WY

Crossmen - San Antonio, TX

Read more: http://www.dci.org/s...7#ixzz1QsBniMLP

Cadets was my early season pick, Phantom is my favorite show this year, my Bluecoats are there, the best drum line is there (SCV), and I can't wait to see the Trooper "Infinity Chord" live...its gonna be fun :)

Performance Times:

7:00p Crossmen

7:17p Troopers

7:34p Blue Knights

7:51p Santa Clara Vanguard

8:08p Intermission

8:25p Boston Crusaders

8:42p Cadets

8:59p Phantom Regiment

9:16p Bluecoats

Judging Panel:

Chief Judge – Mike Rubino

Visual Effect – Kyle Miller

Music Effect – Richard Saucedo

Visual Performance – JR Carlisle

Ensemble Visual – Juno Orefice

Color Guard – Don Newman

Brass Performance – Mike Rubino

Ensemble Music – Ken Turner

Percussion Performance – Mike Davis

Contest Director – Tony DiCarlo

stadium.jpg

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Can someone post the host schools and practice locations? I assume Bluecoats will be at Paul Brown Tiger Stadium? I want to go down and film some corps' run-throughs...

• Like 1

Can't wait. The corps always sound great (LOUD!) at this stadium because of the overhanging roof at Paul Brown Tiger Stadium.

• Like 1

I'm planning on driving down for the show too! It will be my first drum corps show - after watching countless videos online, I can't wait to get my face peeled off in person :devil:

Haven't ordered tickets though...should I get seats higher up or closer to field level? I'm hoping to get the best ensemble sound possible...so I'm guessing higher up might be a better bet?

Also...anything I might need to know about the venue (parking, arrival time, etc.)? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just really excited to see some drum corps in person :thumbup:

• Like 1

I'm planning on driving down for the show too! It will be my first drum corps show - after watching countless videos online, I can't wait to get my face peeled off in person :devil:

Haven't ordered tickets though...should I get seats higher up or closer to field level? I'm hoping to get the best ensemble sound possible...so I'm guessing higher up might be a better bet?

Also...anything I might need to know about the venue (parking, arrival time, etc.)? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just really excited to see some drum corps in person :thumbup:

This show always has a big crowd. With this lineup it may be even bigger than usual. I'd be surprised if many good seats up high are left. Anywhere between the 30s and you will get great sound. I think it's the loudest stadium I've ever been to for drum corps.

No problems with parking. This stadium handles high school football crowds of over 20,000 on Fridays.

Since this show is sponsored by the NFL Hall of Fame (along with the Bluecoats) there are some additional things happening (HOF Queen's Court, special recs, etc) and usually the mascot of the Cleveland Cavaliers spends time shooting Tshirts into the stands.

If you like great pizza be sure to hit the Pizza Oven a couple of miles from the stadium. :thumbup:

Cadets was my early season pick, Phantom is my favorite show this year, my Bluecoats are there, the best drum line is there (SCV), and I can't wait to see the Trooper "Infinity Chord" live...its gonna be fun :)

actually there will be 2 drumlines score higher than SCV's line at this show...including "your" Bluecoats. :worthy:

Bluecoats practice schedule on 8/9

Green High School

1474 Boettler Road

Uniontown, OH 44685-9584

10:00 visual

12:30 lunch

1:30 sectionals

2:45 ensemble

4:15 dinner

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 1

Good thing this wasn't cancelled like the Hall of Fame game due to the lockout.

Not that drum corps stops for anyone. :tongue:

Good thing this wasn't cancelled like the Hall of Fame game due to the lockout.

Not that drum corps stops for anyone. :tongue:

News quote from 2050:

"Today's show is cancelled due to contract negotiations between the players and the drum corps. Players are holding out for a portion of the syndicated revenues and a 5% salary increase, which would bring the 2051 tour minimum salary wage to $775,000..."

Yeah right!!

News quote from 2050:

"Today's show is cancelled due to contract negotiations between the players and the drum corps. Players are holding out for a portion of the syndicated revenues and a 5% salary increase, which would bring the 2051 tour minimum salary wage to $775,000..."

Yeah right!!

LOL