Massillon, OH Show Thread

DCI Massillon (Pro Football Hall of Fame)  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Bluecoats / SCV -- who you got?

• Bluecoats baby!!! Is there any other way?
    • It's staircase madness! Eureeeeeeeeeeeeeeka!!!

Well actually they don't have exclusive rights to a publicly tax funded facility when it is outdoors and available to member of the community. Towns do not have authority to privately rent a facility. If it were a private school then it is a completely different thing, but not a taxpayer funded facility...no matter how scary or intimidating Dan Farrell may be. AND I have previously attended Phantoms rehearsals during finals week in a very similar situation (public school). No one was denying anyone access. I would also think DCI would have an issue with what is supposed to be a fan friendly activity with denying fans being at reheasrsals. And "seriously, it's their wish. Please respect it". Are you there spokesperson? That is laughable.

who the heck do you think you are?

Let me guess: entitled to something??

if they want their rehearsal to remain private RESPECT THAT!!!

Geez. :thumbdown:

• Like 3

Just got to the show due to work. SCV got a strong reaction from the crowd as I walked to the stadium.

Yes SCV! Way to bring it. Great Guard work, and the Brass is MUCH improved. Definitely gonna be close to Coats tonight.

They are showing the radar right now, and it doesn't look good. But it will go by fast hopefully.

People, if you aren't getting out to a show this year, you ARE MISSING OUT!

This is Finals level material tonight. Wow. Wow.

How was new ending?

It gave me chills. Crowd loved it!

Spokesperson, no. But I am intimately familiar with the traditions of the corps since I'm married to a Regiment guard member from 83-85. They did it then, too. Why not just respect their traditions? Who are you?

Garry in Vegas

Well I am not a pretentious jerk who thinks they have rights they don't have. If a corps is at my local high school and is there as a guest of my high school's music department you bet your butt I will go watch if I want to. Respect MY wishes to watch. I can't believe Phantom would be so disillusioned they would try to close an outdoor rehearsal. And so much for traditions when I and many others have sat in the stands watching Phantoms finals week rehearsals. Rehearsing at a private school ...no problem, although not great public relations....PR if you will.

• Like 1

It gave me chills. Crowd loved it!

AWESOME!!!!

Looks like Boston is gonna get rained on. We are currently at intermission.

who the heck do you think you are?

Let me guess: entitled to something??

if they want their rehearsal to remain private RESPECT THAT!!!

Geez. :thumbdown:

Who am I? An unpretentious fan of drum corps.

Entitled to something...no more than anyone else who might want to watch a great corps rehearse.

Respect their privacy...when the situation allows for it, but not in public place paid for by the community taxes. In a private location no problem.

Let me ask then...why is there the need to be closed off?

Well I am not a pretentious jerk who thinks they have rights they don't have. If a corps is at my local high school and is there as a guest of my high school's music department you bet your butt I will go watch if I want to. Respect MY wishes to watch. I can't believe Phantom would be so disillusioned they would try to close an outdoor rehearsal. And so much for traditions when I and many others have sat in the stands watching Phantoms finals week rehearsals. Rehearsing at a private school ...no problem, although not great public relations....PR if you will.

Unless things have changed, the schools are getting paid through the corps via DCI for housing. If I pay for the facility use, I think I have the right to close my rehearsals. Also, at every school I've ever taught, different organizations have closed rehearsals from time to time.

Want to watch Phantom during finals week? Wednesday they have an open house rehearsal 7 to 9. Go to it and enjoy. Otherwise, respect the corps and let them do their job. They paid to be there (both the corps and the members), so take your freeloading ### and buy a ticket to semis and finals and enjoy!

• Like 4

Who am I? An unpretentious fan of drum corps.

Entitled to something...no more than anyone else who might want to watch a great corps rehearse.

Respect their privacy...when the situation allows for it, but not in public place paid for by the community taxes. In a private location no problem.

Let me ask then...wy is there the need to be closed off?

You are gonna lose this one buddy. Get out while you can.

• Like 4