Massillon, OH Show Thread

DCI Massillon (Pro Football Hall of Fame)  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Bluecoats / SCV -- who you got?

• Bluecoats baby!!! Is there any other way?
    • It's staircase madness! Eureeeeeeeeeeeeeeka!!!

Dude, it's not like this is the first time this has ever happened. If they want it to be closed, so be it. Don't feel so entitled to something you're not entitled to.

we have moved on.

I'm only responding one more time - and then back to the regular thread...

Corps pay a "facility use" fee - just like a sports team who would pay for field space. If you wanted to play football on the field at the time the league team had rented the field - you would be kicked off. PR paid a facility use fee to use the grounds and stadium. They have the right to admit or deny to anyone

PLUS as a drum corps "fan" you should just respect their desires and move on. IMHO :thumbup:

Sort of like what happened to Capital Regiment a few years ago at NIU?

Still no rain here yet. Lightning visible.

Boooooo. Wait wrong to boo even at lightning.... Hahaha

Here it comes. Darkest skies you could imagine. Nasty cell...

Xmen pulling out of the parking lot.

Here it comes. Darkest skies you could imagine. Nasty cell...

Not sounding good. Time to go now. I'll see results in the am. Very early morning flight, rehearsals to disrupt and spy on. Didn't mean to offend anyone; I do love the discourse though. Good luck to everyones favorites in Indy. Wes, cheer up you seem a little down tonight kidding).

Who am I? An unpretentious fan of drum corps.

Entitled to something...no more than anyone else who might want to watch a great corps rehearse.

Respect their privacy...when the situation allows for it, but not in public place paid for by the community taxes. In a private location no problem.

Let me ask then...why is there the need to be closed off?

You're not pretentious. You're arrogant. Did it ever dawn on you that maybe the staff is trying to eliminate any outside distraction in order to get total concentration from the corps. That's not rocket science.

And I'll bet the school officials have complete authority to ban anyone, including you, from school property.

• Like 1

My tax dollars paid for handicapped parking spaces. I think I'll follow 7567BC's lead and park there. I'm entitled because it's public money spent in a public parking lot.

:tongue:

Garry in Vegas

Well I am not a pretentious jerk who thinks they have rights they don't have. If a corps is at my local high school and is there as a guest of my high school's music department you bet your butt I will go watch if I want to. Respect MY wishes to watch. I can't believe Phantom would be so disillusioned they would try to close an outdoor rehearsal. And so much for traditions when I and many others have sat in the stands watching Phantoms finals week rehearsals. Rehearsing at a private school ...no problem, although not great public relations....PR if you will.

1. The corps pay to stay at the schools both public and private.

2. The executive director of BK asked that as parents etc., we respect the practice as a time to get the corps focused, cleaned and pumped up. That although we may want to go watch them practice keep it a short visit if we absolutely want to be there. In other words, respect the staff as they get these kids ready without disruption. As much as I would like to go watch, I won't! I want my daughter to have her entire focus to be on her drill, I will get to see her perform. No problem!

3. I respect the right of a corps to ask for privacy. I know that these kids are going to have the biggest 3 days of their drum corps career and need to give everything they have to their corps and not be interrupted by spectators.

4. I believe every corps has probably added something to their show for finals and I believe the kids need to stay forcused-clean it and be ready to throw down their new work clean at finals---where I have paid to watch them at their finest.

• Like 2