Massillon, OH Show Thread

DCI Massillon (Pro Football Hall of Fame)  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Bluecoats / SCV -- who you got?

• Bluecoats baby!!! Is there any other way?
    • It's staircase madness! Eureeeeeeeeeeeeeeka!!!

FWIW, while phantom has the right to control access to facilities it has paid for, the whole 'distractions' thing is crap, imho. If a corps, that has been together for 3 months and touring for 2, is going to be affected by distractions, it probably isnt a very good one. Since that doesnt describe phantom, id say that any effects from 'distractions' would be highly exaggerated.

Have you ever been in a corps? If so, you would know that things get very tense and tedious between staff and corps, and that maybe they don't want onlookers lurking. So your assumptions are a big load of ####, FWIW.

• Like 2

Too bad Madison and the Blue Stars were not at this show! I still think this group of four will be very fun to watch these last three shows!!

Have you ever been in a corps? If so, you would know that things get very tense and tedious between staff and corps, and that maybe they don't want onlookers lurking. So your assumptions are a big load of ####, FWIW.

Apparently reading isnt your strong suit.

|

|

|

|

V

Edited by AlexL

When it comes to watching corps rehearse during finals week, I have no interest.

There's too many great parties that week!!! :guinesssmilie::beer::drool::w00t::thumbup:

AMEN! :beer:

When it comes to watching corps rehearse during finals week, I have no interest.

There's too many great parties that week!!! :guinesssmilie::beer::drool::w00t::thumbup:

If you enjoy beer try some Dogshead. micro brew. Good stuff. have a good night

Well, that was a huge bummer. My only chance to see Bluecoats, Phantom, and Cadets live this year....POOF! :thumbdown:

As far as the rest of the show that we did see, it was phenomenal. Here is how I would have scored it. Judging by the crowd reaction, I think I wouldn't be too far off with the rest of the crowds scoring...

1 Boston Crusaders 90.1

2 Santa Clara Vanguard 90.0

3 Blue Knights 89.700

4 Crossmen 84.350

5 Troopers 84.200

• Like 1

I quick comment on Paul Brown Tiger Stadium:

This is a GREAT DCI Venue. It should be considered for the top 8 (TOC) show next year. The sound is AMAZING, and the field is pristine. Just a great place (reminds me of UW Field House) for this type of activity. The place was SOLD OUT, I mean standing room only. I'd say 85% of the people stayed until they "officially" cancelled the show @ around 10:15pm. I think there are some pretty unhappy campers out there tonight, but what we did see was a very polished set of drum corps.

Well, that was a huge bummer. My only chance to see Bluecoats, Phantom, and Cadets live this year....POOF! :thumbdown:

As far as the rest of the show that we did see, it was phenomenal. Here is how I would have scored it. Judging by the crowd reaction, I think I wouldn't be too far off with the rest of the crowds scoring...

1 Boston Crusaders 90.1

2 Santa Clara Vanguard 90.0

3 Blue Knights 89.700

4 Crossmen 84.350

5 Troopers 84.200

Power to the People ! (... haha)

Edited by BRASSO

The biggest surprise for me tonight was Crossmen. I think they should be placing top 12 this year. Tonight, their drumline was a bit sloppy and I think that is what is holding them back (I don't look at recaps/scores anymore, they cloud my judgement too much).

Troopers had lots of style and identity. The "Infinity Chord" was amazing. Standing ovation.

The crowd loved the Blue Knights and their well thought out show. Guard looked wonderful, and my only comment was that the corps should have been dressed up like the guard or similar to match the guard.

SCV's new ending was great. The show doesn't work on webcast or theater, but it works LIVE. The guard really puts on a story, and when you are there on the field, you just get pulled into the story right away, and they take you for a nice ride. Brass is the weak spot for them this year.

Boston was much more impressive LIVE (as most of the corps were tonight) than on tape. I still don't like the design, but the music was better than any corps tonight. Drill was more demanding that I recognized on tape. I would place them just above SCV overall.