What If: Madison Scouts in the Top 8

143 members have voted

1. 1. The Madison Scouts place within the Top 8 at the 2011 DCI World Championships. Assuming 2012 mirrors 2011, do they...

• ...participate in the 2012 Tour of Champions?
    • ...decline participation in the 2012 Tour of Champions?
    • ...do something else entirely? (Specify)
  2. 2. The Madison Scouts decide to participate in the 2012 Tour of Champions which mirrors the 2011 season. Are you...

• ...more likely to attend a TOC event?
    • ...less likely to attend a TOC event?
    • ...equally likely to attend a TOC event?
  3. 3. Do you consider yourself...

• ...a die-hard Scouts fan?
    • ...a general Scouts fan?
    • ...indifferent to the Scouts?
    • ...an individual who dislikes the Scouts?

1. Madison would be foolish to not participate in the TOC.

2. There are no TOC events within 500 miles of me.

3. I consider myself a general Madison Scouts fan.

Even though I am against the idea of the G-8, I think they should do it

if they get back into the top 8. You can't change something from the

outside looking in, and I'm sure the leadership of the Scouts

knows that fact all too well. They may hate the idea of the G-8

too (and I hope they do), but they know that they will have to play the

game, and win it, if they ever hope to change it.

• Like 2

Agree

• Like 1

Now that sounds like a rational FAIR assumption :thumbup:

• Like 1

I "want" Madison to decline BUT what if they take the place of the Blue Stars? That leaves only the the 7 that wanted to go outside DCI and create their own events. They continue to test the system on DCI's dime. We really need as many outsiders keeping an eye on this disloyal group as possible.

There, I don't know how to vote...

• Like 1

But this series of shows at the exclusion of other corps is nonsense. How do you start each season with a clean slate when you're already behind the eight-ball? I mean, isn't that the point of a NEW season... to have a fresh start?

Wouldn't Madison's success, if they crack the top eight this year, prove that having a TOC tour doesn't necessarily give those corps an advantage over the others?

• Like 1

DCI should remember the old adage "when you're in a hole stop digging". If Madison starts kicking some butts what the hell are they going to do? The '64 Troopers got knocked out of the World Open semi's by a couple of tenths and the show organizers had to bring them back for finals or there would have been rioting in the streets, and yes I was there.

• Like 2

Wouldn't Madison's success, if they crack the top eight this year, prove that having a TOC tour doesn't necessarily give those corps an advantage over the others?

I don't hold every other corps to the same standard I hold the Scouts. And truth be told, when the Scouts are on their game, they can do things most other corps would have a hard time doing. They've dropped out of finals 3 times now and have jetted back in with no problem. They've had some huge placement leaps over the years. I wouldn't expect many other corps to be able to duplicate that.

And this is less about the Madison Scouts as it is about every OTHER non-G8 corps.

• Like 1

I don't understand why some folks have such a big problem with the TOC, but had no problem with Murfreesboro the past few years?

Participation in Murfreesboro has been limited (to the exclusion of others) to the current top 8 drum corps. Participation in the TOC is limited (to the exclusion of others) in the top 8 drum corps based on finals placement from the previous year.

Both are DCI events, both limit participation to 8 corps, both exclude those not in the top 8. The only difference is the DATE the top 8 corps was determined.

The TOC events may have been brought about by the G7 corps, but they are indeed DCI events, approved by the CURRENT DCI Board of Directors...which I believe does NOT include any of the G7.

Thus my point that if Madison were to refuse to participate next year (if in the top 8) they actually would be going a step further as "rebels" than did any of the G7 corps...actually REFUSING to participate in DCI shows?

I don't think any of us know what impact, FOR THE GOOD of ALL DCI corps, the TOC events may have. If the feeling at the end of the summer is that it was a positive venture, benefiting the activity as a whole, then I would assume DCI will want to continue holding them.

I would also assume that the leadership of the Scouts would want to participate and support any events that were deemed to be for the GOOD of the entire activity.

• Like 2