78 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite VK Show

• 1986 - James Bond
    • 1987 - Magical Mystery Tour I
    • 1988 - Magical Mystery Tour II
    • 1989 - A Velvet Knight in Tunisia
    • 1990 - Summer Vacation, Hollywood Tour
    • 1992 - Magical Mystery Tour III

Just seeing who amongst us old time marchers (scary to think I aged out almost 15 years ago) can still recall the glory days of the Velvet Knights.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seeing who amongst us old time marchers (scary to think I aged out almost 15 years ago) can still recall the glory days of the Velvet Knights.

Hey...come march with SoCal Dream if you're anywhere near SoCal...we've got a LOT of ex-VK dudes in the corps...from almost all years (including John McCoy, Walter Counts, Wayne Ball (a former VK DM himself) and many more!

'92. If I recall correctly, that show had everything including the kitchen sink....

You're thinking of 88 when the corps actaully brought a sink to finals.

BILL!!!!

Get your BUTT down to So Cal Dream brother....Sam needs help! J/K!!!

Sam....you rocked at Cerritos by the way...sorr I didn't put that in the review. And no, you didn't even need to stand on a stack of Sears Catalogs to be seen. You were very impressive. Pretty good for a former corps director! DOH!!!

And back to Bill....one of the MOST talent drum majors of VK ever....glad to see you posting up here. But seriously dude...SoCalDream is going to rock and roll more and more every year...and I KNOW you'd rock and roll too!

And to answer your poll...I had to answer 87 for obvious reasons. :huh: But the years you listed ALL were absolutely incredible. Take 89 for instance. Visually may have suffered, but please find me any corps with a more exciting opener than in 1989!! HOLY COW!! And 1992! Who can argue with sheer comic and timing genius than that show that LITERALLY brought the house down. I was sitting there with Phil and Pete on the 20 yd line, and was in complete awe of how VK made Camp Randall literally shake.

VK may be gone, but the spirit is still here...and it can be found in Impulse, So Cal Dream, and all the other California corps that claim staff members that used to be with VK.

Nice to see you up here Bill (and notice I didn't call you Billy!)

My favorite show is still the pre-finals version of VK in '83. Loved the unis, which were unique then and would still be today... maybe. B) They weren't the best version that VK had to offer as the future would show, but I laughed my butt off then (and still do). In two words... pure entertainment!