So if you haven't guess by the topic, I'm from Kentucky. I'm kinda at a bit of a conflict as to what I should do about bringing and active drum corps back into the mix. I know Southwind exists because I live in the city where Southwind is based at, but since they have been inactive for the past several years I am beginning to doubt if they will ever come back. So me and a few friends of mind are debating on if we should push to have Southwind active again (cause I would love to be on staff for their return) or start a completely new corps. If we start a new corps we have a lot of questions, like DCI or DCA? What all is necessary to start one? How would we start the advertising to get it started for our first year? What is your all's opinion on the subject? Let me know!!!!! :)

So if you haven't guess by the topic, I'm from Kentucky. I'm kinda at a bit of a conflict as to what I should do about bringing and active drum corps back into the mix. I know Southwind exists because I live in the city where Southwind is based at, but since they have been inactive for the past several years I am beginning to doubt if they will ever come back. So me and a few friends of mind are debating on if we should push to have Southwind active again (cause I would love to be on staff for their return) or start a completely new corps. If we start a new corps we have a lot of questions, like DCI or DCA? What all is necessary to start one? How would we start the advertising to get it started for our first year? What is your all's opinion on the subject? Let me know!!!!! :)

If you choose All-Age DCA you could start in Class A thats under 65 members or go OPEN Class thats the big guns .If you get some thing going and feel your ready to complete you contact DCA durling the off season and request an evalution from them to join DCA ,They sent someone out to check out the corps ,make sure you have enought members for Class A mim is 35 ,If you past the evalution your in .And can excect contest .DCA also has DCA South with the following corps .

Alliance ,Atlanta Ga.

CorpsVets Atlanta Ga.

Tampa Bay Thunder ,Fl. new this year had been a junior corps a few years back

Arkansa Thunder

Shenandoah Sound ,Va.

Carolina Gold .N.C.

plus texas has a few

Gulf Coast Sound,Houston TX.

Frontier Dallas Tx.

Taking a year to rebuild

Sun Devils ,Nortport Fl.

Music City Legend ,Nashville Tenn.

So if Southwind came back ALL_AGE thiers a lot of corps to complete against .

Plus DCA Championships are South of the Mason Dixon Line

Tampa Bay Thunder is running a show this season thier frist season out.

was to be 5corps but now down to 3 with a few exbitions

Corpsvets and Alliance both backed out

Shenandoah Sound

Carolins Gold

Tampa Bay Thunder in completion

Loved the bright yellow uniform jackets of Southwind would love to see you in ALL- Age

Edited by Florida Sun

If you choose All-Age DCA you could start in Class A thats under 65 members or go OPEN Class thats the big guns .If you get some thing going and feel your ready to complete you contact DCA durling the off season and request an evalution from them to join DCA ,They sent someone out to check out the corps ,make sure you have enought members for Class A mim is 35 ,If you past the evalution your in .And can excect contest .DCA also has DCA South with the following corps .

Alliance ,Atlanta Ga.

CorpsVets Atlanta Ga.

Tampa Bay Thunder ,Fl. new this year had been a junior corps a few years back

Arkansa Thunder

Shenandoah Sound ,Va.

Carolina Gold .N.C.

plus texas has a few

Gulf Coast Sound,Houston TX.

Frontier Dallas Tx.

Taking a year to rebuild

Sun Devils ,Nortport Fl.

Music City Legend ,Nashville Tenn.

So if Southwind came back ALL_AGE thiers a lot of corps to complete against .

Plus DCA Championships are South of the Mason Dixon Line

Tampa Bay Thunder is running a show this season thier frist season out.

was to be 5corps but now down to 3 with a few exbitions

Corpsvets and Alliance both backed out

Shenandoah Sound

Carolins Gold

Tampa Bay Thunder in completion

Loved the bright yellow uniform jackets of Southwind would love to see you in ALL- Age

Thanks for the feedback, but I don't know what will happen with Southwind because I have tried contacting the directors multiple times and haven't gotten a single reply back from anyone. So my decision is leaning towards starting a new corps.

I know who you are. :P

• Like 1

Best of Luck what ever you choose .keep in touch let us know whats happening there.

I know who you are. :P

Figured I would run into some KMN people on here sooner or later lol, what's up John?

Best of Luck what ever you choose .keep in touch let us know whats happening there.

Need to find the right people to manage it first lol

Thanks for the feedback, but I don't know what will happen with Southwind because I have tried contacting the directors multiple times and haven't gotten a single reply back from anyone. So my decision is leaning towards starting a new corps.

If your nucleus is small at this time, 15 - 20 brass, you could also consider starting a mini-corps just to get going. Get your organization up and running & you might be able to expand from there. Just a suggestion. ANd good luck with this venture if you proceed, in whatever format you decide.

Edited by Vanguard Rich
  • Like 1

If your nucleus is small at this time, 15 - 20 brass, you could also consider starting a mini-corps just to get going. Get your organization up and running & you might be able to expand from there. Just a suggestion. ANd good luck with this venture if you proceed, in whatever format you decide.

That's what I was considering at first, I just need to find the people to do it and instruments, especially tubas lol